[SOLVED] Should I buy more storage or ram?

Okay so I have 75$ to spend. I have only 110gb left on my SSD so Im running out. Maybe 1 or 2 more games will fit depending. And my HDD has 1gb left lol.

But I also only have 8gb of ram and its holding me back in some current games I play as some of my games want 12gb of ram.

I want to buy another 8gb kit of the exact same ram I have (yes I know theres a possibility it wouldnt work but Ive done it before with NO issues)

So my question is do I buy another SSD or do I buy the ram?

Or are there any 16gb kits (ddr4 3000mhz) worthwhile buying for the 75$?

Id prefer to buy the same brand and model that way I dont waste my current ram, but I also need more storage very soon.

Thoughts?

PC SPECS

MOBO- MSI Tomahawk B450
CPU- Ryzen 5 2600
GPU- GTX 1060 3gb
RAM- 2x4gb ddr4 3000mhz
STORAGE- Samsung 860 evo 250gb ssd / 500gb WD Blue
WIN- Windows 10 Home

Solution
If you close everything while gaming, 8gb can suffice.

If you need more storage and you dont experience any ram related issues in games, the storage may be the better upgrade.

I'd personally upgrade ram and try to clean anything unnessisary off of your PC.
If you are not running out of storage, i'd buy another identical ram kit.

Well I make music frequently and those project files can be upwards of 1gb sometimes. I also plan on at least downloading another game or 2, so by then Id be out of storage, maybe 2 months.

Still ram?

I wish I could buy both because either way not having 1 is limiting me in its own way but I just cant afford both this trip lol

If you close everything while gaming, 8gb can suffice.

If you need more storage and you dont experience any ram related issues in games, the storage may be the better upgrade.

I'd personally upgrade ram and try to clean anything unnessisary off of your PC.

Reactions: Jason H.
Solution

USAFRet

Titan
Degree of difficulty - Adding 'more' ram may not work.
Buy absolutely identical 2x4GB gives you a greater chance of actually working, but absolutely no guarantee.

RAM is only guaranteed to work in sets as they are sold. Adding another set may not work.
2x4GB + 2x4GB may fail.
Or it might work.

Degree of difficulty - Adding 'more' ram may not work.
Buy absolutely identical 2x4GB gives you a greater chance of actually working, but absolutely no guarantee.

RAM is only guaranteed to work in sets as they are sold. Adding another set may not work.
2x4GB + 2x4GB may fail.
Or it might work.

Im aware of that, so do you know of any good 16gb kits for my price range? Has to be 3000mhz though and the same speed as my current ram

16-18-18-38

TY, which brand should I NOT buy from this list?

And also, If I was able to pull off an extra 30$ to get rgb on my ram, so a max budget of 96$, is this ram good/better/ or same as my current ram? And would it be worth it ? (rgb = frames afterall lol)

https://www.amazon.com/HyperX-Fury-...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

My current ram is Teamgroup Vulcan 2x4gb ddr4 3000

USAFRet

Titan
TY, which brand should I NOT buy from this list?

And also, If I was able to pull off an extra 30$ to get rgb on my ram, so a max budget of 96$, is this ram good/better/ or same as my current ram? And would it be worth it ? (rgb = frames afterall lol)
Of that list, Corsair or Crucial.
Add another $30, and the world is your oyster.
RGB is all up to you.

Hyperx=kingston
They are reputable.

Mixing ram from different manufacturers is very iffy.

i would be replacing my current 8gb kit with the new 16gb kit.

Im jw why the same brand and model of the kit I have now, but 2x8gb, is 128$

but this 16gb kit with rgb is only 96$....

whats the differance? is it slower or something?

Says CL15, isnt that better than cl16 (which is my current) ?

Sep 7, 2019
I say you sell your current ram and get yourself a budget of 100$ and then find yourself a 16gb kit for around 50$ and spend the rest on a hard drive as your SSD is enough.