Question Should I buy MSi RTX 2070 Armor or Zotac RTX 2070 Mini

Feb 12, 2019
Please help me with a suggestion, I actually want to build a PC with a MSi 2070 Armor card, is it a bad idea? Since my second choice is Zotac RTX 2070 Mini (I choose this as a secondary option bcs this is the cheapest card I can afford). If MSi wasn't worth it, does Zotac mini a best choice for me? And I only choose these 2 cards because I was on a budget and don't want to spend on RTX 2060. Pls I need an answer since all of these RTX issues has been floating around, some say Nvidia has working on this issues but idk

Feb 12, 2019
I would go for the msi armor. Bigger cooler and the full size PCB vs the zotac mini would be my main reasons for recommending it. However I don't think you're any more or less likely to encounter issues going with one or the other.
I heard some rumours saying that the Armor has a bad cooling (on the gtx series) but they managed to fix it on this rtx card, is it true? Moreover, one thing that concern me the most is just those artifact and crashing issues on the first batch release of the rtx cards, but I wouldn't be encountered it for this "newer batch" cards right?

Feb 12, 2019
The MSI card consumes a negligible 10w more power, but it has higher clock speeds and judging from its appearance, a better cooling system overall.
Unless the Zotac model is a lot less expensive ($30+ less), I'd get the MSI card.
So it is the MSI then, although the Zotac in my country is priced less than the MSI, does Zotac 2070 Mini have an issues? And which one is good in terms of long term durability? MSI or Zotac? Since I doesn't really care about clock speed and performance, and I doesn't plan on overclocking either, I just want my cards to function normally without having a problem

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
I heard some rumours saying that the Armor has a bad cooling (on the gtx series) but they managed to fix it on this rtx card, is it true? Moreover, one thing that concern me the most is just those artifact and crashing issues on the first batch release of the rtx cards, but I wouldn't be encountered it for this "newer batch" cards right?

I have heard nothing but good things about this gen's armor cards. It is certainly not the greatest 2070 but it's good for the price. No you shouldn't encounter that on the latest batch of cards, even in the first batch only a small percentage of 2070 cores were affected. There is likely no way to tell when the card you buy was manufactured until you have it on hand however.

PuperHacker

Honorable
So it is the MSI then, although the Zotac in my country is priced less than the MSI, does Zotac 2070 Mini have an issues? And which one is good in terms of long term durability? MSI or Zotac? Since I doesn't really care about clock speed and performance, and I doesn't plan on overclocking either, I just want my cards to function normally without having a problem
Both cards will function properly and without crashes. I have to agree with Dunlop0078, as I have not read any bad reviews about the lineup either.
In any case, I would pick the MSI for the aforementioned reasons, provided it is not much more expensive.
The Zotac will be fine as well, but it could be a bit more noisy and will perform very slightly worse.
That taken into account, I would choose the MSI.
If you are on a real tight budget, opt for the Zotac instead.

Reactions: strywcksn