[SOLVED] Should i buy new ram?

Mar 17, 2020
Specs:
Asus AM4 EX-A320M-Gaming
Geforce GTX 1070 Ti
Ryzen 5 3600
crucial DDR4 2400Mhz 8 gb kit

I am currently looking at the Corsair Vengeance LPX 16gb-kit(2x8gb) dr4 3200MHz Ryzen-edition.
But my motherboard only goes up to 2667MHz stock. Is it possible to overclock the motherboard so it can use all 3200MHz? And of so, is it easy to do? or does is take me fiddling around with voltages and all of those crazy things.
Sorry for my bad English

Last edited:
Solution
The board, per specs, supports up to 3200mhz so that new memory should work fine. You don't have to do much to get it working correctly, usually just making sure the memory is in the correct slots which is A2/B2 (2nd/4th slots) and then enabling DOCP (ASUS version of XMP) in the motherboard BIOS under the performance tab.

Going from 2400 8gb to 3200 16gb could give you a good boost in gaming performance or at the very least minimalize dips in FPS.

WildCard999

Titan
The board, per specs, supports up to 3200mhz so that new memory should work fine. You don't have to do much to get it working correctly, usually just making sure the memory is in the correct slots which is A2/B2 (2nd/4th slots) and then enabling DOCP (ASUS version of XMP) in the motherboard BIOS under the performance tab.

Going from 2400 8gb to 3200 16gb could give you a good boost in gaming performance or at the very least minimalize dips in FPS.

Reactions: geiteostpower
Solution
Mar 17, 2020
I bought the ram. And installed it and it was not booting. So i went back to the other ones to see if i needed to enable DOCP before i stalli g the new ones, but now my pc wont boot after installing the old ones back in. Do you or anyone else have any clue what i did wrong? Btw my bios update is pretty new, not long since i installed my 3600