Question Should I buy Nvidia 1050ti or upgrade my RAM?

Jun 21, 2020
I am having system with old config , its sufficient for my use but lately I am facing the issue where my display goes blank but CPU is still running

CPU: AMD A8-7600
MB: F2A88XM-D3H gigabyte
Ram:2 8gb(kinsgston(1600)is alomst 5 years old ,hyperx(1866) is new 1 )
GPU:Using On board GPU(R7 graphics)
Monitors:2(LG(Full HD),acer(normal Not HD))
Powersupply: Corsiar VS 550

The RAM shows 16 gb in bios and 12 gb usable in windows

I am not a heavy gamer i mostly FIFA or PES (when i play on high settings the display goes down i netween ) either i have to restart the system or unplug the RAM , the same happens while watching videos for too long.

I am not sure if my ram stick is faulty or if its my onboard GPU ,or because of monitors with different resolution.

Should I buy 8 gb or 4 gb Hyperx ram and replace with old one or buy dedicated Graphics card (Nvidia 1050TI) as this is only one which is almost compatible with my CPU not sure if there is any other GC which will support?

InvalidError

Titan
How do you know the "CPU is still running"? Are you playing a video or music with the audio continuing normally when the monitor goes blank? The PSU still being on is not sufficient sign of life to declare the CPU still running.

For the missing RAM, start with checking how much installed memory the BIOS reports at boot. If all the RAM shows up there, then you have something else artificially limiting usable RAM in Windows.

InvalidError

Titan
the missing ram should be being used by the igp. 4 gb for it and 12 gb for the rest of the system.
I doubt boards this old would set 4GB of system memory aside for the memory-less IGP, at least not by default as many systems from back in those days only had 4GB of RAM.

Well, still got to confirm that the memory is present at boot before trying to figure out what is making it disappear. Checking BIOS for reserved IGP memory size or whatever it might be called would be next.

Vc2987

Commendable
Jul 1, 2017
How do you know the "CPU is still running"? Are you playing a video or music with the audio continuing normally when the monitor goes blank? The PSU still being on is not sufficient sign of life to declare the CPU still running.

For the missing RAM, start with checking how much installed memory the BIOS reports at boot. If all the RAM shows up there, then you have something else artificially limiting usable RAM in Windows.

I doubt boards this old would set 4GB of system memory aside for the memory-less IGP, at least not by default as many systems from back in those days only had 4GB of RAM.

Well, still got to confirm that the memory is present at boot before trying to figure out what is making it disappear. Checking BIOS for reserved IGP memory size or whatever it might be called would be next.

THE CPU FAN its Led indicator keeps running which made me believe the CPU is still working not sure if I am wrong .
The BIOS does shows 16 GB of RAM and also RAM is not missing as I said when System is up Window's shows 12 GB usable (the remaining 4 or 5 GB is used as part of GPU),

and when my display goes blank unplugging and plugging the RAM helps I am not sure if I am old RAM stick is faulty here

Vc2987

Commendable
Jul 1, 2017
the missing ram should be being used by the igp. 4 gb for it and 12 gb for the rest of the system.
Yes I am aware the RAM is shared as GPU,since my display is going blank (this happens when in between of the game )and I am not sure If my old RAM stick is faulty or not !
If i buy a dedicated GC which is NVidia 1050 TI will this resolve the issue and will same GC help in playing games in high settings(60fps)?

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2020
The same thing happened to me when I installed my new Ripjaws ram. No display on monitor it didn't work so I installed it one stick at a time, and worked. I know you aren't facing the EXACT same problem I was but instead of throwing parts at it all the information you can get will be useful.

Good luck to you

Vc2987

Commendable
Jul 1, 2017

My Board is currently use 5 GB of ram as part of GPU