[SOLVED] Should I buy Ryzen 7 5800x or wait for GPU as well

matacar

Reputable
May 4, 2018
My plan is to play and stream CS:GO on a semi-pro level with a 144hz monitor.

You might be thinking that I don't need a crazy powerful machine to play csgo because it's almost 10 years old. You don't if you want to play casually 60-144 fps.
I did some research to see what kind of PC I need to play CSGO at over 144fps constantly. I came to a decision to go for ryzen 7 5800x and nvidia 2060 or 3060.
The main problem of this build is the GPU, they are ridiculously expensive right now, and there is a shortage of GPUs in my country's stores. I don't know why or how the market works, but it is something I will not spend money on right now.
Streaming csgo with my current specs gets me 30-50fps. Basically, unplayable.
My current specs are:

MB: Asus h110m-k d3, CPU: i5 6600k, GPU: Radeon rx 580 8gb, RAM: 8gb 1600mhz ddr3, PSU: Seasonic GM 650.

Specs I am going for:
MB: undecided still, CPU: ryzen 7 5800x, GPU: Nvidia RTX 2060 or higher, RAM: 16gb ddr4 3200mhz, PSU: not changing.

The question is, can I buy the CPU and keep my Radeon RX 580 8gb for now? Will it bottleneck? Will there be any problems streaming CSGO while I wait for the GPU prices to go down.

Solution
I'm sorry, I actually have no idea what "different brands of USB stick handy" means.
What I mean is that I have heard that sometimes one particular brand of USB stick isn't recognized so the bios flashback doesn't work. Given that they are very cheap I was suggesting buying a couple of different brands of the USB stick(storage device) just in case.

matacar

Reputable
May 4, 2018
The CPU will determine how much FPS you can potentially get in the first place. If 30-50FPS is the best you can do even at the lowest graphical settings, then yes, you should get a new CPU.
I do believe you are correct, but I'm scared of something not working or "blowing up" if this system is put together:
CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x, GPU: Radeon rx 580 8gb, RAM: 16gb ddr4 3200Mhz PSU: Seasonic GM 650

I do believe you are correct, but I'm scared of something not working or "blowing up" if this system is put together:
CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x, GPU: Radeon rx 580 8gb, RAM: 16gb ddr4 3200Mhz PSU: Seasonic GM 650
The only thing that'll be a potential issue is if the motherboard you select is compatible with Ryzen 5000s out of the box. Some boards will ship with a UEFI version that isn't compatible and you can't update it without a compatible processor (or if you can find it, a motherboard that can flash without a CPU).

matacar

Reputable
May 4, 2018
The only thing that'll be a potential issue is if the motherboard you select is compatible with Ryzen 5000s out of the box. Some boards will ship with a UEFI version that isn't compatible and you can't update it without a compatible processor (or if you can find it, a motherboard that can flash without a CPU).
I don't quite understand the flashing thing without cpu and something to do with a USB. Are you saying I need to check if the motherboard has Bios flashback?

matacar

Reputable
May 4, 2018
What I mean is that I have heard that sometimes one particular brand of USB stick isn't recognized so the bios flashback doesn't work. Given that they are very cheap I was suggesting buying a couple of different brands of the USB stick(storage device) just in case.
When you talk about USB, do you mean the one I'll use to install windows with, or something else?