[SOLVED] Should I buy six new RGB fans or just buy a better case (with RGB) for around the same money?

Witch Mercy

Reputable
May 13, 2017
Hey! My back fan in my PC has started to go bad, it will not start on it's own, I have to manually push it to get it started. I recently made a post about new fans, but ever since, I think I may have decided upon something else.

The fans I am looking at are either the Corsair LL120s or Corsair ML120s, I would need six of them to have them all match (I'm OCD about that), however, they are not cheap.

My current case that I am using is the Musetex Phantom Black case, and I have had no issues with it cooling wise, although technically it is not a great case and I could get a new and better case such as the Phanteks Eclipse P400A or Phanteks P500A (that both have RGB) with Phanteks own fans for either less or around the same price as buying the new fans for my current case.

Current rig is mostly used for playing Dead by Daylight, Final Fantasy XIV, and just general use. My specs are (if it matters);

AsRock AB350 Pro4
GTX 1060 6GB SSC
Ryzen 5 1600X
16GB DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ RAM
Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Air Coolor
Windows 10

As always, thanks for any help provided! :)

Solution
D

Deleted member 362816

As I tell everyone when it comes to those god awful overpriced fans use the money else where like a new cpu that actually give you a benefit over those overpriced fans. There are much cheaper options when it comes to rgb and Argb fans on amazon etc.

logainofhades

Titan
Solution

Witch Mercy

Reputable
May 13, 2017
If you are not happy with the case, get a new one. If you can live with the case, get fans. There are less expensive RGB fans out there. I have used these fans before, for my nephew's build.
PCPartPicker Part List

Case Fan: Deepcool RF 120 56.5 CFM 120 mm Fan ($19.98 @ Amazon)
Case Fan: Deepcool RF120M 56.5 CFM 120 mm Fans 5-Pack ($49.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $69.97
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-10-28 10:52 EDT-0400

Are they loud? My current stock fans that came with the case don't really get too loud for me when I play Dead by Daylight on medium quality. I'm satisfied with my case, I just know the airflow could be better because the case isn't "all that". Eventually (probably a long time from now), I am definitely gonna buy a new case once the prices of GPUs ever go back to normal as I'm going to update my entire computer, but like I said, probably a long time from now from the way it looks.