Question Should I buy speakers or a soundbar? How to control volume from tv?

champpp

Prominent
Apr 5, 2017
I am not sure what speakers to get for my TV. I don't know anything about speakers and soundbars.
I don't really care about bluetooth or other features. I just want the best sound possible for my money.

I have a big living room (around 25 square meters) and a 60 inch tv.

1. Should I get separate speakers or a soundbar?
  2. If I go for speakrs do I have to get separate subwoofers too or are the speakers enough?
  3. I prefer powered speakers because then I don't have to buy a receiver. Is there any drawback to this?
  4. The only feature I am interested in is that I want to control the volume of the speakers using my TV remove. I don't want to deal with an extra remove for the speaker. Which audio input methods allow me to do this?
What kinds of speakers can be controlled with the TV remote? My TV does not have a 3.5 mm jack.

My budget is $300. Can you recommend me a few models because there is a limited supply in my country.

Large setup I would get a setup with rear speakers, if you get a soundbar with rear speakers or a full 5.1 setup is up to you really.
Sub or not would depend on the exact setup you have, most solutions include a sub.
You will not be able to just use powered speakers unless you just use a 2.0 or 2.1 setup.
You will not be able to use the TV remote for speakers unless you use the ARC HDMI connection if you don't have a 3.5mm headphone jack.

For speaker suggestions, since you are not in the US, you may want to list what you do have available form some online stores.

This is not bad, has arc and simple setup https://www.amazon.com/VIZIO-SB3651...550611290&sr=1-6&keywords=home+theater+system

I hear, "I want simple but BIG sound."

Simple=Soundbar. Big Sound=Passive speakers with Receiver. Is like you are asking I want a sports car but can also haul lumber for my project.

I suggest buy the largest, most powerful soundbar available to you, bring it home because what you hear at the store is not the same size/characteristic as your home, and see if satisfactory, if not then return and look for something else. Sub not absolutely necessary but it's nice to have. Unfortunately with SB, sub is either comes with it or doesn't, difficult if not impossible to add Sub later.

Remote=HDMI ARC connection.

TRENDING THREADS