should i buy the GTX 1070 if i have the i5 2310?

DOS-PC

Commendable
Jun 24, 2016
My pc: gtx 760 4gb core i5 2310 8gb ram 500W PSU i want to buy the gtx 1070 or posibly the gtx 1080, will it work on my pc ? or will the cpu bottle necked by the gpu ?please help!!

Solution
There is no such thing as CPU bottleneck the GPU.
There are applications that use more CPU or more GPU.
You will get much better FPS on highest settings with 1070 than with 760.
But your GPU will not be utilized for 100%.
If you plan to upgrade your CPU within a year, than 1070 is a good choice if you want everything maxed out over 60FPS on 1080p monitor.
Also 500w psu is meaningless, they are not made equal. A model is required to tell if it's good or not.
Also RX 480 coming out in 3 days is worth to look at.
There is no such thing as CPU bottleneck the GPU.
There are applications that use more CPU or more GPU.
You will get much better FPS on highest settings with 1070 than with 760.
But your GPU will not be utilized for 100%.
If you plan to upgrade your CPU within a year, than 1070 is a good choice if you want everything maxed out over 60FPS on 1080p monitor.
Also 500w psu is meaningless, they are not made equal. A model is required to tell if it's good or not.
Also RX 480 coming out in 3 days is worth to look at.

Solution
Please don't belittle other members for differing opinions. I too have an issue with the term bottleneck but I understand that most people using it in these forums simply mean what component is limiting the potential of other components in the system. You and I both know that every system has some sort of bottleneck, even if using the top of line in every component choice.

D

Deleted member 217926

Attack a point not a person. Rude, childish behavior and name calling will get you no where but gone from these forums.

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator
MERGED QUESTION
Question from DOS-PC : "should i buy the GTX 1070 if i have the i5 2310?"

Latest posts