[SOLVED] Should i buy this GPU for my PC?

RMRED

Commendable
Dec 28, 2019
Hello, I've been wondering if i should buy GT 710 2 GB GPU for my pc its 10 dollars, I dont want to play some serious game but lightly i want it to atleast run something like csgo on low settings.

CPU: PENTIUM E6600
RAM:4GB
GPU:INTEGRATED FOR NOW
MOTHERBOARD: DONT REMEMBER
PSU: DONT REMEMBER
HDD: DONT REMEMBER
RAM: 4 GIGS OF KINGSTON DDR3 OR DDR2 dont remember.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Can you double-check? I don't recall any of those Wolfdale Pentium dual core CPUs having integrated graphics.

I would advise you to keep your expectations very limited, in any case. A GT 710's designed to play games like Microsoft Office and solitaire.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

I'm not sure this video is a point in its favor.

In any case, if you're not going to bother and double-check your CPU, which I don't believe has integrated graphics, meaning you already have some GPU in there, there's no useful advice I can give. So I'll wish you luck!

Solution
I'm not sure this video is a point in its favor.

In any case, if you're not going to bother and double-check your CPU, which I don't believe has integrated graphics, meaning you already have some GPU in there, there's no useful advice I can give. So I'll wish you luck!

A lot of the old 775 boards had integrated graphics embedded (old nforce chipset).

No matter how bad a gt 710 its actually a lot better than them.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
A lot of the old 775 boards had integrated graphics embedded (old nforce chipset).

No matter how bad a gt 710 its actually a lot better than them.

True, but considering he didn't even find out most of his parts, he could have some kind of cheapy GPU in there. I repurposed a similar rig some years ago that had a 9600 GT, which I'd prefer to the 710.