[SOLVED] Should I buy this graphics card?

Jun 23, 2019
I have a friend that is selling a EVGA gtx 1060 6gb sc for 110$, I really want a gtx 1060 but I’m not sure if this model is worth it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Solution
Oh yeah ssc, will 1 fan make a difference, I’ve seen other gtx 1060 have 2 fans

No I was wondering, the SC is the single fan.
The SSC is the double fan.

So if it is SC, then it should be fine. Extra fans will of course make a difference, but as long as your ambient temps aren't extreme it should be fine anyway, they're still typically better than blower style GPUs. You may just found stock fan is a bit louder as loads increase.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
It's the same graphics card underneath the EVGA cooling, not really much difference, you could argue some are binned a bit better than others but in reality, as long as you get one that suits your budget, aesthetic, and cooling needs, they're effectively the same.

I'm UK based, but $110 seems decent from what I can see. Presumably you mean the SSC Gaming?

Jun 23, 2019
It's the same graphics card underneath the EVGA cooling, not really much difference, you could argue some are binned a bit better than others but in reality, as long as you get one that suits your budget, aesthetic, and cooling needs, they're effectively the same.

I'm UK based, but $110 seems decent from what I can see. Presumably you mean the SSC Gaming?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador

No I was wondering, the SC is the single fan.
The SSC is the double fan.

So if it is SC, then it should be fine. Extra fans will of course make a difference, but as long as your ambient temps aren't extreme it should be fine anyway, they're still typically better than blower style GPUs. You may just found stock fan is a bit louder as loads increase.

Solution