[SOLVED] Should i buy this pc for 100dollars?

RMRED

Commendable
Dec 28, 2019
Hello.
I've been wondering if i should buy this pc for only 100 dollars i know its not much but what can i do.
I5-3470
GTX 670 1 GB
4 GB RAM ( KINGSTON DDR3 133MHZ )
KMEX 500 WATT ATX POWER SUPPLY
DEEPCOOL CPU COOLER LGA1155
MOBO: ASUS P8H61-M LX PLUS

Please reply fast i need this today or tomorrow.

Reactions: testsubject2575
Solution
May not be bad. Especially if an i7 3770 can be swapped in and the i5 resold. As far as Windows, some systems still have their old Windows 7 sticker attached, or they came with Windows 8 and the key embedded in bios.

I've tried to do a few clean installations, and even though the free upgrade program ended officially a few years ago, it still seems to work. The last few I've worked on and tried it on still activated and worked with no modification or trickery.

I can't say how long that will work, but the last systems I've tried allowed you to do it. So if they had Windows 8 or had a valid Windows 7 key, it may allow for the op to do a clean install of Windows 10 and to activate.
Just a few things I would like you to pick up on. On amazon the i5-3470 is £165 , that's more than the price somebody wants for the whole set up.

look at what this web link says about adding more memory , with only 4gb in the machine now it will be VERY slow.

Finally , don't name the shop or where ever you are getting it from but are you getting an operating system with it. I don't want to panic you but if possible you need to see it switched on and running for a while. IF it has a bootleg copy of windows it wont take long for a message to come up on screen , if you get a chance to try before you buy then go to windows updates straight away , when it searches for updates that is another way for microsoft to check if you are running a bootleg copy.

A pal of mine got conned into buy a pc with a bootleg copy of windows , at boot up he gets that warning about a bootleg copy , he is locked out of windows updates and is always getting viruses.

Just out of curiosity please post back how you get on.

PS. if you are a game player forget it.

Reactions: testsubject2575

testsubject2575

Reputable
Dec 26, 2019
Just a few things I would like you to pick up on. On amazon the i5-3470 is £165 , that's more than the price somebody wants for the whole set up.

look at what this web link says about adding more memory , with only 4gb in the machine now it will be VERY slow.

Finally , don't name the shop or where ever you are getting it from but are you getting an operating system with it. I don't want to panic you but if possible you need to see it switched on and running for a while. IF it has a bootleg copy of windows it wont take long for a message to come up on screen , if you get a chance to try before you buy then go to windows updates straight away , when it searches for updates that is another way for microsoft to check if you are running a bootleg copy.

A pal of mine got conned into buy a pc with a bootleg copy of windows , at boot up he gets that warning about a bootleg copy , he is locked out of windows updates and is always getting viruses.

Just out of curiosity please post back how you get on.

PS. if you are a game player forget it.
He can upgrade his RAM later, also 4GB RAM is not slow in doing simple tasks and playing old games.

May not be bad. Especially if an i7 3770 can be swapped in and the i5 resold. As far as Windows, some systems still have their old Windows 7 sticker attached, or they came with Windows 8 and the key embedded in bios.

I've tried to do a few clean installations, and even though the free upgrade program ended officially a few years ago, it still seems to work. The last few I've worked on and tried it on still activated and worked with no modification or trickery.

I can't say how long that will work, but the last systems I've tried allowed you to do it. So if they had Windows 8 or had a valid Windows 7 key, it may allow for the op to do a clean install of Windows 10 and to activate.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS