[SOLVED] Should i buy this PC?

Aurumaker72

Reputable
Sep 29, 2019
Hi, i'm new here.

I would like to buy myself a prebuilt pc (i am too scared to build one myself because i tried that once and messed up the cpu).
I live in Germany and this pc seems good for a price of 700 euros. https://megaport.de/gaming-pc-amd-ryzen-5-2600-platin.html
Is this pc cheaper when you build it yourself, and is it good for lots of video editing and a bit of gaming (AAA games) ?
It has a AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-core at 3.40 ghz, a Geforce GTX 1060 6GB VRAM, 16GB Ram DDR4, Motherboard is MSI A320M Pro, and the case is made by the company selling it including 3 rgb 120mm fans in the front and one in the back.
So should it be enough for video editing and a bit of gaming?
It comes with Windows 10 Home, bequiet 500w PSU, 240gb SSD and 1TB 7200RPM HDD, WIFI Adapter 150Mbits
The shipping costs 7 euros.

Have a nice day :)

Solution
(EDIT: I dont want to overclock as it comes with the boxed cpu cooler), it is mostly for video editing. But can you please elaborate on the "garbage" because i am stupid. Also 2400mhz Ram is bad? But most manufacturers of prebuilt pcs offer 2400 mhz ram as their default. Also PSU is bequiet (they say it on the amazon page of this pc).
Thanks for the useful input! :)
EDIT: On the msi page for the A320M PRO-E it says that you can oc the ram up to 3200 mhz

Yes, lots of prebuilt PCs include 2400 MHz RAM. They're not trying to sell the best PC possible, they're trying to make the most profit and generally speaking, they (rightly) assume that most of the market for a prebuilt will focus on the flashy parts of the build (CPU, GPU)...
Hi, i'm new here.

I would like to buy myself a prebuilt pc (i am too scared to build one myself because i tried that once and messed up the cpu).
I live in Germany and this pc seems good for a price of 700 euros. https://megaport.de/gaming-pc-amd-ryzen-5-2600-platin.html
Is this pc cheaper when you build it yourself, and is it good for lots of video editing and a bit of gaming (AAA games) ?
It has a AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-core at 3.40 ghz, a Geforce GTX 1060 6GB VRAM, 16GB Ram DDR4, Motherboard is MSI A320M Pro, and the case is made by the company selling it including 3 rgb 120mm fans in the front and one in the back.
So should it be enough for video editing and a bit of gaming?
It comes with Windows 10 Home, bequiet 500w PSU, 240gb SSD and 1TB 7200RPM HDD, WIFI Adapter 150Mbits
The shipping costs 7 euros.

Have a nice day :)
That MB is a pice of sh*t, that's why it's relatively cheap.

Aurumaker72

Reputable
Sep 29, 2019
A few things jump out.

Motherboard is garbage and cannot overclock.
Ram is 2400mhz which WILL hurt Ryzens performance noticibly.

They say the psu is branded, but omit the brand name. This is suspect.
If it is bequiet it should be fine.
(EDIT: I dont want to overclock as it comes with the boxed cpu cooler), it is mostly for video editing. But can you please elaborate on the "garbage" because i am stupid. Also 2400mhz Ram is bad? But most manufacturers of prebuilt pcs offer 2400 mhz ram as their default. Also PSU is bequiet (they say it on the amazon page of this pc).
EDIT: On the msi page for the A320M PRO-E it says that you can oc the ram up to 3200 mhz

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

Yes, lots of prebuilt PCs include 2400 MHz RAM. They're not trying to sell the best PC possible, they're trying to make the most profit and generally speaking, they (rightly) assume that most of the market for a prebuilt will focus on the flashy parts of the build (CPU, GPU), allowing them to stuff in low-quality motherboards, RAM, and power supplies.

Be Quiet! sells a lot of PSUs. As with most manufacturers, there's a great different in quality among their offerings.

You can overclock with the boxed CPU cooler. Not as aggressively as those with an aftermarket, but it seems a little silly to not utilize what your CPU offers.

I don't find this PC a particularly good deal. For a tiny bit more, you can get higher quality parts.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor (€125.89 @ Mindfactory)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 AORUS M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard (€80.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory (€74.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Storage: Crucial MX500 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive (€66.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Video Card: XFX Radeon RX 580 8 GB GTS XXX ED Video Card (€177.26 @ Mindfactory)
Case: Corsair Carbide Series 88R MicroATX Mid Tower Case (€44.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply (€66.56 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit (€107.26 @ Mindfactory)
Total: €744.75
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-06 11:39 CEST+0200

And you'll get full warranties on these, not the shorter warranty that PC sellers will give you (they're essentially the ones that hold the warranty on the parts they buy, not you).

Solution

Aurumaker72

Reputable
Sep 29, 2019
Yes, lots of prebuilt PCs include 2400 MHz RAM. They're not trying to sell the best PC possible, they're trying to make the most profit and generally speaking, they (rightly) assume that most of the market for a prebuilt will focus on the flashy parts of the build (CPU, GPU), allowing them to stuff in low-quality motherboards, RAM, and power supplies.

Be Quiet! sells a lot of PSUs. As with most manufacturers, there's a great different in quality among their offerings.

You can overclock with the boxed CPU cooler. Not as aggressively as those with an aftermarket, but it seems a little silly to not utilize what your CPU offers.

I don't find this PC a particularly good deal. For a tiny bit more, you can get higher quality parts.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor (€125.89 @ Mindfactory)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 AORUS M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard (€80.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory (€74.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Storage: Crucial MX500 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive (€66.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Video Card: XFX Radeon RX 580 8 GB GTS XXX ED Video Card (€177.26 @ Mindfactory)
Case: Corsair Carbide Series 88R MicroATX Mid Tower Case (€44.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply (€66.56 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit (€107.26 @ Mindfactory)
Total: €744.75
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-06 11:39 CEST+0200

And you'll get full warranties on these, not the shorter warranty that PC sellers will give you (they're essentially the ones that hold the warranty on the parts they buy, not you).

Thanks for the very informative answer, but umm the pcpartpicker thing, if i buy that then i have to put it together myself? I once tried to put a pc together and i killed a core i5 so i'm traumatized lol. Also the parts seem really good! Thanks so much, i'm not that of a tech expert but still know some stuff so changing out some small parts is not a problem.

EDIT: I actually might even buy the one you recommended me because it seems such a great deal! Thanks for opening my eyes let's hope i wont kill a processor again. And the video card is known for having problems with games like assasin's creed odyssey, right?

Last edited:

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Thanks for the very informative answer, but umm the pcpartpicker thing, if i buy that then i have to put it together myself? I once tried to put a pc together and i killed a core i5 so i'm traumatized lol. Also the parts seem really good! Thanks so much, i'm not that of a tech expert but still know some stuff so changing out some small parts is not a problem.

EDIT: I actually might even buy the one you recommended me because it seems such a great deal! Thanks for opening my eyes let's hope i wont kill a processor again. And the video card is known for having problems with games like assasin's creed odyssey, right?

If you're nervous, I'd look for some kind of computer shop in your area that does repairs as places like that will frequently assemble your PC for a small fee. Generally speaking, as long as you move slowly and carefully each step, it's not hard to assemble yourself.

The GTX 1060 and RX 580 tend to exchange blows in the FPS reviews. I believe in this specific game, the 1060 gets a few more frames. In other games, the 580 has a small advantage. You are more than free to go with a 1060 over a 580 if you prefer. I recommended a 580 in this case as the 1060 is getting rare to find as it's not longer the current generation. I was trying to keep you as close to your euro figure as I could, but there's a lot to be said about spending a little more and getting a GTX 1660.

PCPartPicker Part List

Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 1660 6 GB GAMING Video Card (€227.00 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Total: €227.00
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-06 16:16 CEST+0200

Or even farther, to a 1660 Ti.

PCPartPicker Part List

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB XC BLACK GAMING Video Card (€269.00 @ Caseking)
Total: €269.00
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-06 16:19 CEST+0200

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

If you're nervous, I'd look for some kind of computer shop in your area that does repairs as places like that will frequently assemble your PC for a small fee. Generally speaking, as long as you move slowly and carefully each step, it's not hard to assemble yourself.

The GTX 1060 and RX 580 tend to exchange blows in the FPS reviews. I believe in this specific game, the 1060 gets a few more frames. In other games, the 580 has a small advantage. You are more than free to go with a 1060 over a 580 if you prefer. I recommended a 580 in this case as the 1060 is getting rare to find as it's not longer the current generation. I was trying to keep you as close to your euro figure as I could, but there's a lot to be said about spending a little more and getting a GTX 1660.

PCPartPicker Part List

Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 1660 6 GB GAMING Video Card (€227.00 @ Amazon Deutschland)

PCPartPicker Part List

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB XC BLACK GAMING Video Card (€269.00 @ Caseking)

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

PCPartPicker Part List

PCPartPicker Part List