[SOLVED] Should i buy this psu?

simpalak

Commendable
Jan 14, 2019
Hi guys! So i'm building this pc, and i want to put as psu, the EVGA 100-BR-0450-K1 450 Bronze, is cheap, and it is 80+ certified and i think is ok, in case that i will put a G4400, a gtx 950 (i know it will bottleneck), and 8 gigs of ram. So that psu should be enough for this sistem.

Oh, i have a very low budget, so if u want to recommend me any psus, the maxim budget is 40$. :/:??::D

Solution
I mean, as far as cheap PSUs go, it's far from the worst out there.
It's SuperFlower built, but built down to a price point.

If the CX450 or CX450M is available to you for similar money, I'd personally opt for it.... but the 450BT is a good margin better than most units in it's price class.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
I mean, as far as cheap PSUs go, it's far from the worst out there.
It's SuperFlower built, but built down to a price point.

If the CX450 or CX450M is available to you for similar money, I'd personally opt for it.... but the 450BT is a good margin better than most units in it's price class.

Solution

simpalak

Commendable
Jan 14, 2019

We've met again Barty! Thank you for the answer. Btw, is Evga 450BR, not BT, but i don't think matters that much. And yeah, i'll search for a cx450 and tell you if i could get that psu for that price.
Update: Yes, i found it for 42$!! Now, Idk what psu to buy, but i'll think later. Thanks!

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
We have? Sorry, I don't recall our last meeting....

Sorry about that, I searched the full model number & ended up with the BT unit (same SKU, just with BT in place of BR).

I haven't found any reliable information to confirm the OEM of the BR units, so I would probably avoid it.
The BT is decent, for what it is.
But the CX450 is the better option here.

simpalak

Commendable
Jan 14, 2019

Yeah, I went with the Corsair CX450M PSU. Thanks!
And yes, we've "met" before: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-3874207/gtx-1060-running-slow.html