[SOLVED] Should I buy this?

Feb 4, 2019
Hello, I am building a new PC and, I don't know what parts to buy. A friend gave me this motherboard: ASUS ROG RAMPAGE V EXTREME #9SIA4RE84X6752 but, he said it stopped working and he doesn't know why. He says it's boot looping. I have looked for solutions and I may have found the reason. I don't have the hardware to troubleshoot it right now but, I also don't have a huge budget. I was looking for a cpu on eBay that has the 2011-v3 socket and the cheapest one is the Xeon-E5 1603 at $65 I've looked at benchmarks and this cpu would be decent for right now but, I would upgrade in the future. Would it be wirth buying a new motherboard if this doesnt work?

Solution
I would not be investing any money on a 2011V3 CPU to put in a possibly/probably bad motherboard....(equally suspect in it's functionality/operability is pretty much any CPU sold on e-bay) Alas, few friends are likely to have an HEDT CPU in 2011V3 format for you to borrow either, but, your call as to if you should risk even $65 on an unknown CPU in hopes that it might work....
I would not be investing any money on a 2011V3 CPU to put in a possibly/probably bad motherboard....(equally suspect in it's functionality/operability is pretty much any CPU sold on e-bay) Alas, few friends are likely to have an HEDT CPU in 2011V3 format for you to borrow either, but, your call as to if you should risk even $65 on an unknown CPU in hopes that it might work....

Solution