[SOLVED] should I buy two more fans for intake for my NZXT h510?

Boetie25

Reputable
Dec 15, 2020
I have the NZXT H510 for a case, and it comes with 2 outtake fans, one at the back and one at the top I was thinking about getting two more fans for intake at the front, but now I'm second guessing my reasoning and thinking about not getting the fans what should I do.

Solution
NZXT's H500 is a chassis with a focus on negative pressure with air cooled setups. Adding fans in the front can actually hinder cooling.

The front should be reserved for a 240/280mm hybrid cooler mounted to either the cpu or gpu, but frankly, the entire system benefits more from gpu hybrid cooling; doing cpu hybrid cooling tends to see gpu thermals suffer, especially with the more power hungry models.

At the end of it all, do what you want, as long as thermals are fine.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
NZXT's H500 is a chassis with a focus on negative pressure with air cooled setups. Adding fans in the front can actually hinder cooling.

The front should be reserved for a 240/280mm hybrid cooler mounted to either the cpu or gpu, but frankly, the entire system benefits more from gpu hybrid cooling; doing cpu hybrid cooling tends to see gpu thermals suffer, especially with the more power hungry models.

At the end of it all, do what you want, as long as thermals are fine.

Solution