Question Should i cap my fps at 60 if i have a 60hz monitor?

If you disable VSYNC, then the frame rate is going to be uncapped. So if you want to cap the FPS, then Turn ON VSYNC. But remember, with VSync OFF, tearing can occur whenever your graphics card and monitor go out of sync.

As long as your graphics card can always render a frame faster than your monitor can refresh itself, enabling VSync will not reduce your average framerate. All that will happen is that your FPS will be capped to a maximum equivalent to the refresh rate. ... However with VSync on, your FPS can often fall by up to 50%..

Also, give this guide a read. VERY informative::

http://www.tweakguides.com/Graphics_9.html

Hazzahead

Reputable
Apr 22, 2019
And also should I leave vysnc on or off?
If you can handle some screen tearing, uncap your framerate and turn off VSync. This will also give you a much better latency/response time with your mouse movements.
Turning on VSync caps your FPS at 60 anyway. The game will look much better (sometimes) but the mouse will feel slower.

Mar 2, 2019
If you can handle some screen tearing, uncap your framerate and turn off VSync. This will also give you a much better latency/response time with your mouse movements.
Turning on VSync caps your FPS at 60 anyway. The game will look much better (sometimes) but the mouse will feel slower.
Does it matter what gpu I have? I currently have a rx 580 8gb with ryzen 5 2400g

My preference in V-Sync off due to the lag it causes and using either the frame limiter in the game or available through MSIAfterburner, this has no lag and eliminates tearing. I also run game settings to prevent the FPS from dropping under 60.

Some people recommend capping at 58-59 FPS instead of 60 but I found no difference.