[SOLVED] Should I change anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChokuTomoe

Prominent
Jan 29, 2021
caseThermaltake Level 20 MT ARGB Tempered Glass Gaming Case
Case FansDefault Case Fan
ProcessorAMD Ryzen 9 5900X Processor (12X 3.7GHz/64MB L3 Cache) - [PRE-ORDER ITEM]
Processor CoolingNZXT Kraken X73 360mm ARGB Liquid Cooling System
Memory32 GB [8 GB X4] DDR4-3600 Memory Module - Certified Major Brand Gaming Memory
Video Card[PREORDER - Extra 6 Weeks Lead Time] NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 - 10GB GDDR6X (VR-Ready)
MotherboardGIGABYTE B550 AORUS ELITE - ARGB Header (2), USB 3.2 Ports (6 Type-A), M.2 Slot (2)
Power Supply850 Watt - NZXT 850W C850 Fully Modular - 80 PLUS Gold
Advanced Cabling OptionsStandard Default Cables
Primary Hard Drive2TB SEAGATE FIRECUDA 520 M.2 PCI-E 4.0 NVME Gen 4 SSD - Gen4 Read: 5000 MB/s, Write: 4400 MB/s, Gen3 Read: 3450 MB/S, Write: 2500MB/s
Secondary Hard Drive1TB Seagate Barracuda Hard Drive -- 64MB Cache, 7200RPM, 6.0Gb/s -

Solution
Change the drive config.

That 'Firecuda' is mediocre.
1TB NVMe (Crucial P5 or Samsung 970 EVO) for the primary drive, and 1 or 2 TB SATA III for the secondary drive.

What will this system be used for?

jtk2515

Distinguished
I have bought 2 systems from ibuypower never had anything wrong with them but take that with a grain of salt. Now that said there lead time on the 3080 is Garbage. Good luck getting it in 6 weeks. Also Ibuypowers customer service is pretty poor as they are so busy atm.

I just got a new system from Dell a alienware r10 5600x/6800xt/1000psu/120mmrad/8gbram/1tbHDD. for 1550$shipped then got a 100$ from using my amex card and 6% cashback thru dell financing. so all in it cost me 1400$ and it shipped to me in 3 weeks.

This is a decent deal for a 3080. if you can live with the cons.
https://slickdeals.net/f/14907398-d...-or-less-w-sd-cashback-pc-req-d?src=catpagev2

spec it out then use the chat and Ask the CS for their best price. Thier bios is very poor. Memory max voltage is 1.4v so I could only overclock my b-die alittle. I also would stick to a CPU under 110watts. I had to make alot of concessions but the price was right for me compared to everything else.

If you must have a CPU bigger then 6 cores I would look elsewhere I have my 5600x overclock to 4.75@1.38v it pulls like 100watts and this cooler is just enough and to put in a 240mmrad you would have to cut into the case.

Last edited:
It's nice that you have two systems through them that did not include any of the MANY problems most other buyers experience, however, as we often say a sample of one (Or in this case, two) doesn't really mean much beyond "thank goodness it didn't happen to me" or "You certainly were more fortunate than a lot of other people", because we loosely (And by loosely I mean occasionally we add one of the many iBuypower or CyberpowerPC system threads we come across in here (And we don't come across anything like all of them, more like maybe 5% of them) to a fail list for support or bad assembly failures.

It's very easy to find literally hundreds, if not thousands, of similar threads via Google. Assuredly not every system is poorly assembled, poorly configured or poorly supported, but even that just goes to show how inconsistent what you can expect to get from them in terms of those things, is.

No way I'd ever recommend ANYBODY buy one of their systems unless it was ONLY to get the hardware and then tear it down and rebuild it into something else with no thought to whether it's ok as is or with any expectation of support, and only because in some cases it's cheaper to get the hardware that way than to buy it individually. That reason, and no other. In my opinion, based on years and years of seeing people come here (AND other forums) after basically being plainly ripped off.

Then again, as with many things, it's your own call. If you feel like rolling the dice that you'll be one of the fortunate ones, perhaps you will. Or, you might end up here among the many hundreds of users who've come here seeking help after being bent over.

Status
Not open for further replies.