[SOLVED] Should I change my case? Or should I turn my attention elsewhere?

Solution
Make and model case - it is a tower right?

What are your requirements? E.g., faster performance - a SSD will likely help with that to some extent.

And make the internal temperatures cooler to some extent.

I am only seeing one RAM module (8GB - correct?). Dual channel RAM may help with performance.

I am not a fan of HDD's being stood on end and that clot of black cables may interfere with air flows.

Cables look a bit crammed in and kinked together. I would reroute if possible and provide more support to avoid "hanging".

CPU fan looks like it could use some cleaning.

A new case may provide greater flexibility with respect to installing components and routing the cables.

My approach would be to stay with the current case but...

Ralston18

Titan
Well what does the case (post-upgrade) look like now?

The pre-upgraded case looks fine to me.

If you maintained the same general discipline with respect to the new upgrade then all should be well.

My only concern would be some failure to adhere to airflows and/or cooling requirements.

Again, just provide a post-upgrade picture and request comments.

Jun 15, 2019
Well what does the case (post-upgrade) look like now?

The pre-upgraded case looks fine to me.

If you maintained the same general discipline with respect to the new upgrade then all should be well.

My only concern would be some failure to adhere to airflows and/or cooling requirements.

Again, just provide a post-upgrade picture and request comments.
Here is the post upgraded pic
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1N75i1IrIkHvDboPTp0t16RA7R4WwRCbT/view?usp=drivesdk

Should I change my case? Or should I just buy an SSD? Since I still use a hard drive for my boot drive

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Make and model case - it is a tower right?

What are your requirements? E.g., faster performance - a SSD will likely help with that to some extent.

And make the internal temperatures cooler to some extent.

I am only seeing one RAM module (8GB - correct?). Dual channel RAM may help with performance.

I am not a fan of HDD's being stood on end and that clot of black cables may interfere with air flows.

Cables look a bit crammed in and kinked together. I would reroute if possible and provide more support to avoid "hanging".

CPU fan looks like it could use some cleaning.

A new case may provide greater flexibility with respect to installing components and routing the cables.

My approach would be to stay with the current case but try to reorganize the cables.

If you do install a SSD or more RAM remember to change only one thing at a time. Otherwise, if there are problems, you will not know which change was the culprit. As always, back up everything and verify the backup as recoverable/readable.

Having "before" and "after" photographs is helpful.

There may be additional suggestions and comments offered. Fine with me.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS