Question Should i change my fsp psu

Sep 13, 2022
i currently have a FSP raider ii 550w 80+ silver psu
and i am thinking to change it to COOLER MASTER MWE V2 550W / 80 PLUS GOLD
locally i can't find a better deal

so is it worth it or not ?

Sep 13, 2022
Hi I am using the exact same model - Cooler Master MWE V2 550W to power up my GTX 1650 & I3-12100F. No issues so far have been using it for 6 months now.
i ve been using the fsp one for 2 years and a half for now
it is still working fine but in the last 5 months i had 2 motherboards to fail
i just bought today the third one and i am afraid if the problem is in the psu and it is what causing the issues or maybe it is in the electricity in my house
so i want to know if either am going with an inverter or a new psu

Sep 21, 2022
i ve been using the fsp one for 2 years and a half for now
it is still working fine but in the last 5 months i had 2 motherboards to fail
i just bought today the third one and i am afraid if the problem is in the psu and it is what causing the issues or maybe it is in the electricity in my house
so i want to know if either am going with an inverter or a new psu
Both of those motherboards got fried? I wouldn't risk the 3rd time and just get a better PSU, but it could be just poor luck otherwise the other parts would've already been damaged from the PSU. Does electronics in your house occasionally spoils too?

If motherboard is new definitely make use of the warranty!

IMO Cooler Master MWE V2 seems better than your current FSP raider ii

Sep 13, 2022
Both of those motherboards got fried? I wouldn't risk the 3rd time and just get a better PSU, but it could be just poor luck otherwise the other parts would've already been damaged from the PSU. Does electronics in your house occasionally spoils too?

If motherboard is new definitely make use of the warranty!

IMO Cooler Master MWE V2 seems better than your current FSP raider ii
the first was out of waranty when got broken
the second the store told me they don't cover the electric shock damage (i know i felt scammed :3 ) so i got the third till i get my hands in an inverter in 9 days when i get my paycheck
there is no other damaged component in the pc and thats why i am not thinking that the issue in the psu
and there is nothing broken in the house other than motherboards
it got to the point where i am thinking my house is haunted with ghosts who hate motherboards too much :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Sep 21, 2022
the first was out of waranty when got broken
the second the store told me they don't cover the electric shock damage (i know i felt scammed :3 ) so i got the third till i get my hands in an inverter in 9 days when i get my paycheck
there is no other damaged component in the pc and thats why i am not thinking that the issue in the psu
and there is nothing broken in the house other than motherboards
it got to the point where i am thinking my house is haunted with ghosts who hate motherboards too much :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
Have you tried contacting the customer support for your 2nd motherboard (not the store you bought from but your country's official supplier directly). I am also curious how the store manage to know if its damaged by electric shock? are there charred parts that indicates it? or did you told them about it, ya definitely dont tell them that.

The smaller retailer tends to ignore warranty claims at least in my country, possibly the trouble and/or loss? So definitely produce your receipt to the official retailer instead.

What brand is your 2nd motherboard?

Sep 13, 2022
Have you tried contacting the customer support for your 2nd motherboard (not the store you bought from but your country's official supplier directly). I am also curious how the store manage to know if its damaged by electric shock? are there charred parts that indicates it? or did you told them about it, ya definitely dont tell them that.

The smaller retailer tends to ignore warranty claims at least in my country, possibly the trouble and/or loss? So definitely produce your receipt to the official retailer instead.
i sent it to the local supplier
i found that they don't cover the electric shock in the receipt thats why i mentionned it
i defiently didn't tell them that
my story was that the pc crashed while it was almost in idle and i tested all the other components (which i did)
i just covered that there was a burning smell in the motherboard close to the VRMs