Should i change my PSU?

Gregkar13

Commendable
Nov 29, 2016
I have a CoolerMaster V650, and my pc specs are Asus GTX 1060 6GB not OC, i5-3570 overclocked, 16GB RAM Overclocked, 1 ssd, 2 hdd, gtx 710 as secondary gpu, 5 monitors, Oculus rift and around 17 usb devices connected. I also have 2 usb fans using them to cool me down, ever since i installed the rift, every time i turn on the usb fans, pc crashes like when you have a black out in your neighborhood. I know it's a stupid question, but should this mean i must get a bigger GPU, or i could just remove the fans and keep my current one?

Solution
It is big enough and a quality unit but everything can fail. Those Asus monitoring utilities have often been troublesome and caused the crashes when nothing is wrong.
So if you change PSU and it carries on with the problem uninstall all Asus monitoring software.

Gregkar13

Commendable
Nov 29, 2016
i had a powered usb hub but something went wrong and it fried my old mobo, since then i am very scared using again a powered hub. will try again to find a better one

Gregkar13

Commendable
Nov 29, 2016
Yesterday i had a pc crash during a video export in adobe premiere (100%cpu usage at that time) when i powered it up, i got a bios message that ASUS anti surge detected an unstable power supply or something like that. I NEVER had this problem before i installed the oculus rift=(2 more usb 3.0 cables installed to my pc). Should i change the psu?

It is big enough and a quality unit but everything can fail. Those Asus monitoring utilities have often been troublesome and caused the crashes when nothing is wrong.
So if you change PSU and it carries on with the problem uninstall all Asus monitoring software.

Solution

Gregkar13

Commendable
Nov 29, 2016
Thanx for the help.

I just finished installing my new PSU, it's a Corsair RM850x
Hope i made the right choise.
BTW i previous PSU was a Corsair VS650, i mistyped the manufacturer in the Original Post.

Big difference between the Corsair VS650 and the CM V650 on quality so it would have been easier to recommend the PSU change if right from the beginning.