[SOLVED] Should I choose Coffee Lake CPUs for CAD programs and MATLAB or wait for the up-coming Ryzen 3000 series?

Jan 4, 2019
I am going to built a new PC this August for AutoCAD, Solidworks, Inventor, Catia, MATLAB ... I don't play games so I have chose Quadro P620 graphics card. About CPU, I found that the Core series has higher single-core speed, while the Ryzen series has more core. I heard that CAD programs need high single-core performance, and MATLAB needs a lot of cores to calculate quicker. Beside, the up-coming Ryzen 3000 series has very good price per performance. If you were me, would you choose Core or Ryzen?

Solution
I would say coffee lake but because you run MATLAB you might want to wait because the 3700x is rumored to have 12c/24t at 4.7GHZ!!! I’d wait but if you mainly do CAD and need it soonish a 9700k or 9900k will be fine

winks42

Respectable
I would say coffee lake but because you run MATLAB you might want to wait because the 3700x is rumored to have 12c/24t at 4.7GHZ!!! I’d wait but if you mainly do CAD and need it soonish a 9700k or 9900k will be fine

Solution