Should i connect my fans on motherboard or psu?

kirsty_guiver

Honorable
Sep 23, 2012
hi i have a cooler master haf 912 plus case and it comes with a front 200m and rear 120mm fan both of which are 3-pin but come supplied with molex male/female connectors

now the issue is if i connect the 3-pin fans to motherboard, fans will be running full speed
and wont it be the same if i connect the molex adapter i.e full speed

so in effect i was trying to articulate why cooler master supplies those adapters, if you could enlighten me that would be great

so basically run 3-pin on mobo or molex to psi which would better

last but not least when building the pc should i attach a 200m fan on the top of the case before or after the motherboard installation as it is a tight fit

any suggestions will greatly be appreciated

thanks
kirsty

p.s why is their a male and female molex adapter , do i just attach one of the two on the psi?

Generally, if you put it on the motherboard you can control it with a fan controller or the motherboard can control it.

With it connected to the power supply, it runs full blast all the time.

AM2A

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2011
They give you those adapters in case you don't have enough fan headers on the motherboard, or the fan cable isn't long enough to reach. Go ahead and plug the fans into the motherboard, there's really no reason to use the molex adapters unless you have to.

TRENDING THREADS