Should I cure hair loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

brannsiu

Honorable
Apr 20, 2013
I am suffering male pattern hair loss for many years but I am only 33. I am not completely bald yet but almost 50%.

I once took medicine prescribed by my family doctor, which should be safe because it's FDA approved. Everybody responds to the medicine differently but I responded to it very well, which I could notice obvious improvement. However, I noticed that I also experienced a common but rare adverse effect - decreased in libido. There are also frightening side effects stated on the label of the package but the doctor and other mainstream website also state that it's most likely safe.

A pack of the medicine lasts for 28 days and one pill has to be taken every day to keep the effect. I am always struggling whether to stop or continue every month. I really feel so sad almost every day, every time I look at the mirror. I often cannot stop comparing myself with my friends or other guys in the street. I understand my friends say a bald head could be cool but I personally do not feel the same way. I feel so sad about losing something permanently but I also understand that it's not a disease, but my sadness about hair loss does not go away after many years of experiencing hair loss. It does not happen every single moment, but it just happens so often. Taking medicine is cool, it works for me, but I also experience some kind of adverse effect that should be temporary, but could be permanent, which was warned by my doctor.

Between consistent depression about hair loss and increased risks of actual health side effect, what should I choose?

Most people don't care if you have hair or not. Is it worth risking your health just to have hair? I don't care one way or the other - ultimately it has to be your decision. I'm just not sure people really care(if you have hair or are going bald) as much as you think they do. Make your decision, live YOUR life and don't worry about what other people think - it's not really worth being depressed about.

brannsiu

Honorable
Apr 20, 2013

I know no one would care if I have hair or not because I don't care if the other have hair or not.

But I care what I think. If I take medicine, I'll be physically affected by the adverse effect. If I don't take it, I'll be psychologically affected

zoltan.boese

Estimable
Jan 30, 2018
Hello bransiu!
Strange question on a basicly pc gaming centred forum. It is the internet, and one might get easily get dragged down by trolls. I guess you know yourself, that balding can be blamed on testosterone and genetics, and on the current state of science you can only hinder the process. Elon Musk had hair implanted and he is considered cool. Bruce Willis shaves and he is also considered cool. There is no good answer.
About loosing it, I think of it like loosing milk teeth. It is a natural way of getting older. We all change through out the years. As I see it, it is more a moral issue, than a technical one. People wont like you more for thick hair. As long as you look well groomed you should not give a dam about it, or ask people's opinion on it. It is all the same.
What matters, is how you feel about yourself. Don't let yourself get ripped off, fooled or pitied! Do as you please! If it bothers you that much and you can afford it, get some hair from the back of your head implanted to the front. If you feel like that, do shave it all!
I know of no pills that would actually help. An empty wallet, and other side effects may be way worse than hair loss. I'd suggest to work on your self confidence and other problems in life and get back to this question later. Go find the one, and let the two of you figure it out!
Take care!

Jul 25, 2018
One of my teacher faced the same problem and he was facing sever hair loss. He met with a good surgeon for hair transplantation. He successfully transplanted his hairs and now he has good hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASK THE COMMUNITY