Question Should I uninstall the Intel or Nvidia graphics drivers ?

Aug 12, 2022
so i have had this laptop for a couple months now and i am pretty new to pc's and stuff. i heard that you need to update your drivers regularly, so i did. i have a rtx 3070 and a intel i7 in my laptop so i thought: "might as well download drivers from nvidia AND intel" recently there was a new driver for both nvidia and intel and ofcourse i downloaded them both. now i am having framerate issues and stuttering in some games that used to run fine. i think it is because of the colliding drivers. is deleting one of the graphics drivers a good idea? and if so, which one? intel or nvidia? it's not anything serious but i am losing games and boss battles because of the ocassional stutter or frame drop. there also is this windows software update that keeps failing to install for some reason. is this related to this problem or is it something else? it is a cumulative update for windows 11 for x64 based systems

Colif

Win 11 Master
it shouldn't be colliding GPU drivers, the intel drivers are only used on desktop whereas the Nvidia ones run in games

you could run DDU in safe mode, unisntall Nvidia drivers, and once back in normal mode, go to website of laptop and see if they have newer Nvidia drivers there

can you look in windows update history and tell me the KB number of update that fails to install? its probably unrelated.

Aug 12, 2022
i just figured out that it indeed is an unrelated issue. the KB number is KB5016629 and apparently a lot of people have had an issue with this update on windows 11. i also don't know how to fix this though. i tried to troubleshoot the issue from the settings but that did not seem to do anything

Colif

Win 11 Master
i helped someone with that one yesterday, do you happen to have this one:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-preview-473e1d95-06a0-4f40-9554-cdc7cca85584
installed? as it was a preview update to the one you currently can't get.

Microsoft keep releasing preview updates and when actual is released, people can't get it.

you might need to do this to fix it: https://www.elevenforum.com/t/repair-install-windows-11-with-an-in-place-upgrade.418/ (I would do step 5 method, it worked for me).
I had to do a repair install 2 weeks ago as windows update broke itself. Its pretty easy and painless, you don't lose anything, all it does is replaces windows with a working version. Takes 30 minutes max.