Should I disable Large send Offload v1 and v2 for a gaming only computer?

Seaboss

Reputable
Dec 6, 2015
I have a Killer Network 2500. Ive checked alot of websites on ways to decrease latency and alot of them say leave LOS off or on. Microsoft says turn it off for servers based machines. Should I leave these settings off or on?

This is like saying your car gets better gas mileage if you keep it polished because it has less wind resistance. Although technically true you will never be able to tell because it is so tiny compared to everything else.

The so called decreases in latency are some tiny fractions of 1ms. When you consider connections to game servers are in most cases at least 50ms and sometimes over 100ms this is nothing.

The killer chipset have massive bugs in them. The last big microsoft update broke them again for many people. You are best off downloading the drivers with all the killer features removed. The bugs will cause you more issues than any possible savings.

The key with latency is most the problems are outside your machines and no setting is going to fix problems in the network connection between you and the server.

If human responses can be made faster perhaps all these latency nonsense can make a difference.

Thinking of which, they have chess-playing robots, and Jeopardy robot contestant why not have a game playing robot, if you REALLY want to beat your friend? :D