Should I enable Cpu unlock ?

Scarlcfvet

Reputable
Dec 28, 2014
New to Pc gaming and have no idea If I should enable this or even the slightest clue what it does.
here is my build:
CPU- AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor ( Overclocked 4.0 Ghz )
Memory- Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage- Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card- XFX Radeon R9 285 2GB Double Dissipation Video Card?

Jovan93

Reputable
May 18, 2014

What kind of mobo do you own?

if you have good mobo, follow this tutorial video on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MckeAmnDeTk

with OC you will not have big improvment, but your PC will work faster and smoother.

Jovan93

Reputable
May 18, 2014

With that CPU cooler i OC'ed my 8350 to 4.525MHz. Highest temps in gaming that i got are 51c, 10c below recommended, and that with BF4, which is CPU intensive game.

If you have an good MOBO then try and take a look at that video that i sent to you. Just dont do the exact same thing that he did, try learning first what is what, then tweak a little.

bmacsys

Honorable
BANNED

No it doesn't. "CPU unlocking" is a feature of many AMD boards with chipsets that support unlocking disabled cores in some pre- FX AMD cpu's. It should not be enabled if you have an 8320. Overclocking a cpu is a totally different than unlocking a disabled core. Why would anyone have to unlock a Black Edition processor to overclock it lol! The multiplier can be changed.