Should I flash bios, new build. Gigabyte Z390

gullidotwog

Proper
Sep 13, 2018
Should I start by flashing the bios on my Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro on my new build? I have seen people recommending flashing when you build a machine from scratch. HOWEVER the latest version of the bios on Gigabytes site (version f9b) is literally dated 16th Jan 2019... and I also see people recommending waiting before installing latest bios versions.

But there were also 2 other revisions during December 2018 and another in October. I assume this means the preinstalled bios could be already 3-4 revisions old, which doesn't seem good.

Any recommendations? Anyone using that same Bios version or Mobo?

Thanks!!

gullidotwog

Proper
Sep 13, 2018

Really? I had mostly heard the opposite concerning the BIOS... i.e. if it isn't broke, don't fix it.

Building a new system is different of course. I will probably just do it. I am not 100% sure but I think the Aorus Pro supports dual bios.

gullidotwog

Proper
Sep 13, 2018

I think I will see what version of the bios the board is actually running... they have had 4 revisions since last October, which is a lot, and has gone from version F5 to F9b since September 2018. I will prolly just go for it and put on the last version, like I said I have just come across a few threads/posts where people say wait and research and make sure bios is stable for others before installing it.

However with Dual bios I think it doesn't matter so much anyway. I never had that before so don't really know how it works, but doesn't it take much of the risk out of flashing anyway?

Thanks Steven

TRENDING THREADS