Should I format my pc in order to get full performance?

borlop69

Prominent
Jan 24, 2018
Hello guys thank you for stopping by and trying to help me sorry for my * up english and the thing is my pc isnt running well as it used to when i first got it (its like 3-4 months old) my pc components are gtx 1060 ryzen 3 1300x 8gb ram hyperx fury 2400mhz once I failed to overclock and my fan became loud i will try to reaplly the past and fan as well but the thing is I also was so so so so so * dumb that you wont even believe it I thought that optimize and defrag disk in windows 10 was actually defragging (I wanted to trim) my ssd I was running it everyday but one guy here told me I was all the time defragging and I shouldnt ever ever do it I've already done it like 10-20 times im stupid af so the guestion is if i should format my pc cause i suffer from stuttering even my windows is optimized with my nvidia control panel and stuff thank you guys

<Language, please>

Solution
Defragging your SSD is not an automagic kiss of death.
You just took a few months off the overall lifespan, for absolutely no reason.

But don't do it again. Just let Windows manage it.

borlop69

Prominent
Jan 24, 2018

thank you for your reply I really appreciate it do you think should I format my pc?

borlop69

Prominent
Jan 24, 2018

Thank you again for your reply I sometimes have weird slowdowns stuttering in games It wasnt ever happening

borlop69

Prominent
Jan 24, 2018

Yep you are right I already reset my bios settings updated bios mother board and the problem gone than once I defragged again my ssd things slowed down I read on internet that I should format my pc with new copy of windows to keep everything smooth without any problems if i defragged my ssd but I also read I should trim my ssd and it was wrong because that program in win 10 was defragging so thats why im asking here

borlop69

Prominent
Jan 24, 2018

Also I forgot to mention that my cpu temperatures were kinda * up even I dust out my pc with dust cleaner idk how its called in english im retard so my cpu temps are 35-50 idle I think its so big temps thats why I want to reapply thermal paste and reseat cpu fan maybe I * up my fan when I tried to overclock or just burnt paste if so I still got stock cooler in case of anything bad happened to fan

<One last time...no vulgarity, please>

borlop69

Prominent
Jan 24, 2018

are you sure its on idle

USAFRet

Titan

"and than it goes back around 30-35"

TRENDING THREADS