Should I get 1070 Ti or 1070 (Mostly rendering and some 1080p Gaming)

Oct 2, 2018
Which one should I get? I am using 1080p system and I do mostly 3D work than gaming.

Plus, I got a good offer for a 1070 ti for nearly half the price of a brand new, but used for 6 months for mining under voltage. Do you guys think I should take it or go for a non mining one? (If 1070 Ti is in my best interests)

Halp! Urgent

Solution
If it still has warranty why not, check really well the card and test it in stress test(for example furmark) before you buy it.
(yes 1070 ti is worth it over 1070)
Oct 2, 2018

Ok I just found out that it's a Ti Mini. Does it matter? Sorry I'm noob at this

Spinachy

Honorable
Feb 17, 2016
The 1070Ti will do really well at 1080p gaming, and content creation.
You do not say what your current system components are ?
If you do mostly content creation, I would suggest do NOT buy a fancy graphics card, rather buy a better quality monitor, e.g. one using TFT technology, rather than the typical TN technology.

Oct 2, 2018

I got and i5 7th gen, and an IPS 1080p that im satisfied so far. But im looking to add another monitor soon. Would it do good with Redshift and Vray?

Truthly, no one is really excited about v-ray rendering. It's too infantile to be anywhere it needs to be. Quite impressive, but its a bit bleh and a let down from all the hype.

@ElectrO_90

I was replaying to someone who wanted gtx 1070ti for v-ray rendering (v-ray is not used only in gaming but for redering scenes made in various softwares for art creation). For art content creators the rtx would be a great asset because is 3 times faster but for gaming purpose only i would get a 1080 ti instead of 2080. Slightly cheaper the 1080ti and more vram, same gaming performance with 2080, if not slightly better.

Sorry I must have missed that. Yes for content it works well :)