[SOLVED] Should I get 2 more sticks?

Solution
Is it worth it to get 2 more sticks with my 3600x for a total of 32gb 3200mhz ram?
You will be told not to mix kits, but I say, the only way to know if it will work is to try it. So as long as you dont have high expectations and buy the same exact kit including revision number if applicable, you should be able to run 4x8GB at 3200Mhz. The only thing you will maybe have to do is loosen timings or increase voltage a bit if it doesn't work at rated specs of each kit. Edit - I should also say that 4x8GB can be faster in some games than 2x8GB, but for most people it's not worth the cost. Battlefield 5 and some other games benefit from 4x4 or 4x8GB with higher fps at the same speeds and tmings as 2x8GB.
Is it worth it to get 2 more sticks with my 3600x for a total of 32gb 3200mhz ram?
You will be told not to mix kits, but I say, the only way to know if it will work is to try it. So as long as you dont have high expectations and buy the same exact kit including revision number if applicable, you should be able to run 4x8GB at 3200Mhz. The only thing you will maybe have to do is loosen timings or increase voltage a bit if it doesn't work at rated specs of each kit. Edit - I should also say that 4x8GB can be faster in some games than 2x8GB, but for most people it's not worth the cost. Battlefield 5 and some other games benefit from 4x4 or 4x8GB with higher fps at the same speeds and tmings as 2x8GB.

Last edited:
Solution