[SOLVED] Should I get a 1070 gtx or 2060 rtx?

muddysoap14

Reputable
Feb 2, 2019
Ok so I’m currently building a computer but I can’t decide on what graphics card to get im considering either a 1070 or 2060, now I’m aware of all the features that the rtx cards come with but I couldn’t care less about the real time ray tracing thing since it cuts your FPS by half, even if I get the 2060 I don’t think I’ll ever turn that setting on, so is it still worth getting one over a 1070.
Oh and my budget is £350 to £400 maybe a little bit more if I really like it.
Thanks again.

Solution
The RTX 2060 is newer, faster and has some new features which make it more future proof than the GTX 1070. On the other hand the GTX 1070 has more VRAM and you may be able to find a card at a lower price than the RTX 2060. If you are only able to find cards with similar prices, the RTX 2060 is the obvious choice. Even if you don't need its features now, in the future you'll probably need them.

Finally I have another suggestion. The RXT 2060 has almost the same performance as the GTX 1070ti. The GTX 1070ti has more VRAM and if you are able to find a specific model close to the price of the RTX 2060, it may be a better choice because of the larger VRAM. Good luck.
The RTX 2060 is newer, faster and has some new features which make it more future proof than the GTX 1070. On the other hand the GTX 1070 has more VRAM and you may be able to find a card at a lower price than the RTX 2060. If you are only able to find cards with similar prices, the RTX 2060 is the obvious choice. Even if you don't need its features now, in the future you'll probably need them.

Finally I have another suggestion. The RXT 2060 has almost the same performance as the GTX 1070ti. The GTX 1070ti has more VRAM and if you are able to find a specific model close to the price of the RTX 2060, it may be a better choice because of the larger VRAM. Good luck.

Solution