Should i get a FX 8350 or Upgrade to intel ?

chrishtx

Commendable
Jan 13, 2017
I want to be able to record games without lagging I currently have an FX 4350 and a gtx 960 without recording i get like 400+fps playing mine craft, but once i start recording my fps starts majorly dropping and get huge lag spikes . I thought about upgrading to Intel like getting a i5-4690k and a new motherboard but wondering if there is a cheaper but just as good processor. If i get a fx 8350 is pretty cheap right now and if i got it i wouldn't have to get a new motherboard but i don't want to keep continuing with the same problems. I want something that will give me smooth game play while recording and just when i am playing. But i also want to play other games outside of minecraft like Dayz , Gta V, etc.

PC Specs:
AMD FX 4350
WD harddrive 500gb
sandisk ssd plus 120gb
Geforce GTX 960 SSC 4gb
mobo- MSI 760GMA -P34FX
PSU- Lepa N500
Corsair H80i v2

I want to get the 8350 FX but if its not really good for what i want i would just rather get a intel cpu , but i dont want to spend alot of money because i know I would have to get new Ram which is fine. I dont want to spend over like 500$ But also want to know if my build is decent or what i can do to get better game play and what i mentioned - Thanks in advanced

chrishtx

Commendable
Jan 13, 2017

Do you have any suggestions for what i could get? like which cpu, or like what i should buy to upgrade ?

A ryzen mate , simple as .
1400,1500x,1600 depending on your budget.

That said - recording (if you're not/using shadowplay you should be) should have a minimal performance hit on fps.

Your issue is not related to CPU performance IMO.

It may be throttling , you're running a 125w CPU on a crap quality board , with a water cooler -which makes things much worse.

It could also easily be down to your hard drive not being fast enough , you're not stating model , if that's a 5400rpm drive recording to while playing it is going to impact performance badly.

get a R5 1600.

I recently upgraded from intel to a Ryzen 1600, and am extremely happy with it.

If you are looking at gaming performance, a fx8350 is about on par with Ryzen's lowest budget cpu, the 1200 or 1300x.

again, R5 1600 is a sweet spot budget and performance wise; you will be extremely happy with it as am i with mine.

There are tons of comparisons and videos with benchmarks for you to decide on youtube.

Cheers

chrishtx

Commendable
Jan 13, 2017

It is a 7200rpm drive 32MB/mo
So if i upgraded to a better mobo i would good? Or would upgrading my mobo,cpu,ram be better

no, a newer mobo would not improve the speed of your hard drive the SATA ports would basically be the same as the ones on your old board

chrishtx

Commendable
Jan 13, 2017

what would be the best budget mobo to get with the R5 1600

chrishtx

Commendable
Jan 13, 2017

Then what should i do?