Question Should I get a Gaming mouse or stick to my old mouse

ICY11

Prominent
Mar 3, 2021
Currently, I have a local company mouse, I don't know its name or what type of sensor it uses, but its been serving me well in the gaming experience, I play games like valorant, apex legends, COD warzone, etc (aka fast and strategy paced type games), I've heard from many that having a gaming mouse is a good investment, but since I'm like doing well with this mouse, should I stick with it, or go ahead by getting a gaming mouse?

If your suggestion is for me to get a gaming mouse, then can you suggest some entry-level gaming mouse, that is also budget-friendly? Thanks in advance.

Lutfij

Titan
I have a local company mouse
What would that be? Perhaps an image of the mouse would help us narrow down what you have?

Where are you located, what is your preferred site for purchase and your budget for said peripheral purchase? If you're looking at competitive gaming and titles that need quick reactions, you will need to look into light, high sensitivity mice. There are a number of them out there though your budget will define what's possible for purchase, let alone what you have access to.

ICY11

Prominent
Mar 3, 2021
I have a local company mouse
What would that be? Perhaps an image of the mouse would help us narrow down what you have?

Where are you located, what is your preferred site for purchase and your budget for said peripheral purchase? If you're looking at competitive gaming and titles that need quick reactions, you will need to look into light, high sensitivity mice. There are a number of them out there though your budget will define what's possible for purchase, let alone what you have access to.
Well, here are the pics of the mouse, I have also decided to take the pic of its spec as well

Im currently located In India, Bangalore to be exact, and this mouse I purchased back in Saudi Arabia, it was cheap and gaming wasn't in my mind when I bought this, and I've been using it for 4 years , give or take some, cause I have a vague remembrance of when I bought it.

And as for the mouse, Im currently having the corsair katar pro on my wishlist, cause of its dpi and value for money, (12.4k DPI and priced roughly at 22$ here, which is 1698rs in my currency). but yeah, before i buy that, i just want to know whether its worth upgrading or staying with the current one.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img921/9105/LqdUZT.jpg

ICY11

Prominent
Mar 3, 2021
If it is currently meeting your needs, why change?
True, you do have a point, but lately I've been gaming more often than usual, and this mouse is over 4 years old, give or take a few cause I have a vague remembrance of the purchase date, and it is kinda small for my hand, not too small to the point where my hand will be cramped if i use it for long time, but small to make it strain mildly, that's why its on my mind, and secondly, all my friends have been forcing me lately to get a gaming mouse, cause they all have one while I'm still stuck with a local mouse. soo......

ICY11

Prominent
Mar 3, 2021
Don't listen to your friends and their gaming rodents.
Listen to your hand, your brain, your wallet.

Nothing wrong with a new mouse.
Just don't get caught up with the word "gaming".
Yes, you do have a solid point, thanks for expressing your POV, ill keep this in mind and will decide what to do, most likely I'll stick to the current mouse, but in the case future, some other issue rises from this mouse, then ill get a different one, depending on my budget, it'll be a gaming one or an office one.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I have a couple of Logitech G305. They are a gaming mouse, but they are relatively small, wireless, and pretty cheap compared to what you can spend on high end offerings. I use one at work and one for general computing at home. I've considered switching to one for actually gaming vs my old steel series gaming mouse.

I've only found super high DPS to be useful once, having the sensor is nice, but a more moderate DPI allows for more precision movements. I find that with very high DPI you often overshoot what you are trying to aim at.

G305 does 400/800/1600/3200 on the fly. I run it at 3200.

My old steel series is programmable, on board, which is weird, but did have a supposed max DPI of 5700, but I recall the software could make it more sensitive then that.

TRENDING THREADS