Should I get a monitor with G-SYNC or not?

Aug 11, 2018
I need a 144HZ monitor to play League of Legends and Overwatch, however, my pc can't run most games at 144FPS.
I get 200+ FPS on LoL (it rarely drops below 144, idk why) and 100~110FPS on Overwatch.

I'm planning to buy an XG2402, which has 3 different hertz cap: 60, 100 and 144. I will change it to 100 when playing Overwatch and 144 when playing LoL.

I have a GTX 950M, wıll i experience tearing with this monitor? Should i get a monitor with GSYNC instead? is it really worth the extra $150?

Solution
You can avoid tearing by just using fast sync from the nvidia options,doesn't need any hardware,or as you said just change the hertz cap so that you always are above the threshold.

Gsync is only useful if you get jitter which is a weird kind of slight stutter caused by frames not syncing up perfectly but capping hertz to below the capabilities together with fast sync will make this impossible to happen.
You can avoid tearing by just using fast sync from the nvidia options,doesn't need any hardware,or as you said just change the hertz cap so that you always are above the threshold.

Gsync is only useful if you get jitter which is a weird kind of slight stutter caused by frames not syncing up perfectly but capping hertz to below the capabilities together with fast sync will make this impossible to happen.

Solution