Question Should i get a new motherboard

Memme_gamer

Prominent
Aug 16, 2019
Hi wounder if i should get a new mother board i got an gigabyte A320M-S2H and i think of buying an B450M because i want to overclock my R5 1600X but i will not get an new motherboard now because i mean the A320M works i want to svae money right now but wich B450M board should i get and if im going to overclock probably to like 4.0GHZ or 4.1GHZ i think of buying an GIGABYTE B450M-DS3H but it hasnt the best reviews

Overclocking isn't always going to get you significantly better results with Ryzen CPUs. The reason why would you want to do it is to prepare for another upgrade down the line. I recommend the B450M Mortar or at the very least the B450M Gaming Plus. MSI has the best B450 boards.

Memme_gamer

Prominent
Aug 16, 2019
Overclocking isn't always going to get you significantly better results with Ryzen CPUs. The reason why would you want to do it is to prepare for another upgrade down the line. I recommend the B450M Mortar or at the very least the B450M Gaming Plus. MSI has the best B450 boards.
yeah i thinked of the Gaming plus to since i have a red theme and that board its red but i wont buy the board now i want to wait maybe like a year or something its not only for performance its for loading speed to but the thing is that to that its kinda waste of money if you not overclocking it when you paying extra for an X version :( but BTW do you have an good cooler for OC i think of an NZXT Kraken watercooled 120Mm or 240 since 120Mm sounds weak for oc

Last edited:
You don't necessarily get better OC results with "X" versions. OCs also barely help with loading speeds. It depends on what you mean by "kinda waste of money" as buying a motherboard is also "a waste of money" if the only reason to justify the purchase is to overclock and not upgrading down the line.

Memme_gamer

Prominent
Aug 16, 2019
You don't necessarily get better OC results with "X" versions. OCs also barely help with loading speeds. It depends on what you mean by "kinda waste of money" as buying a motherboard is also "a waste of money" if the only reason to justify the purchase is to overclock and not upgrading down the line.
yeah my A320M supports max 3200mhz ram and i want faster i want 3600mhz but the gaming max plus AXT supports 3733mhz but it will probably be very expnsive since i will pobably go for quad channel memory so it will get expensive

Memme_gamer

Prominent
Aug 16, 2019
NVM 3200mhz is kind of fast and much cheaper but the thing is why i want to change board is people saying that A320M getting much worser performance since they are much cheaper and stuff so if you can say if that is tru or not and if it is true give me some tips to get better perfomance on the cheap board :)