Question Should I get a new PSU?

Dec 27, 2022
I installed a new GPU (RTX 2060) into an old computer (Most components purchased in October 2014). It worked just fine for a few days until, upon starting it up, it had stopped detecting the GPU. Did some troubleshooting and finally tested the GPU in another PC to find that it was not detected in that one either.

If it wasn't a faulty GPU, I suspect it was the power supply.

I returned the GPU, but before installing a new one I am wondering if I should replace the power supply as well. It is an XFX Pro 650W XXX Editon.

I used to run a different 2060 in this build before, and never had any issues.

Dec 26, 2022
idk but in my opinion it sounds like the pc is killing the GPU but i might be wrong or the power supply has something wrong with it that is killing your GPU but again i might be wrong

but if u buy a new power supply and a new gpu and it doesn't help at least u tried and can return the power supply but sadly not the new gpu lol

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
That XFX is Seasonic built, it's essentially a S12-II/M12-II with a couple of XFX specified upgrades.

Back in the day, that Was considered one of the best quality Bronze platforms. But that was 10 years ago and it's still chugging.

It's 7 years± out of warranty, not a bad idea to replace it.