Should i get a ps4?

Xzrrel

Reputable
May 13, 2015
i already have a not so beast pc i just thought instead of buying a black widow chroma and a hyperx cloud 2 i could save more and buy a ps4 ? thanks! what do u think?

please don't flame

kyzarvs

Distinguished
RIP PC gaming? Really? You looked at Steam lately? The market had never been so healthy.

Each platform has exclusives (Halo, Gran Turismo, XCOM2 to name one of each off the top of my head for XBox, PS4 and PC), but it probably depends on your preferred games. Personally I love GS:GO, almost any RTS and driving sims, so I'm a natural PC gamer and my PS4 does much less gaming than my PS3 did. When the new Gran Turismo and VR headset arrives for the PS4, I'll probably switch to that for a long while and the PC won't get much of a look in.

The breadth of AAA - Indie titles on the PC in particular is amazing, we've never had so much choice :D

Yes if you can list 5 games that you really want for the PS4 that you can't get on PC, then go for it. As for the PS4 my list would go as follows.
1. Persona 5
2. Ni No Kuni 2
3. uncharted 4
4. kingdom hearts
5. The Last of Us.

As most of those games aren't even out I personally don't see me buying one soon. As for The last of us, I played the ps3 version so that's just there as a filler. My list is more complete for the xb1 but that's another topic.

jkarateking

Honorable
Jun 5, 2014
If you already have a good PC and you want more then a PS4 is the best way to go if you like the exclusives on the console like:
- The Last Of Us
- Uncharted
- Until Dawn
- The order 1886
- Gran Turismo
- Driveclub
- Destiny (this is console exclusive not PS4 but still not on PC)

There are a few more exclusives but if you already have a beast PC then play most games that aren't ps4 exclusive on that as you will have better graphics and frame rate.

Personally I have PS4 mainly for Uncharted and The Last Of Us as The Last Of Us is like my favourite game of all time and I have like 60 hours on the campaign (completed it 3 times) and like 400 hours on the multiplayer lol.

I hope you make a good decision based on what you like :)

What's the spec of your PC? The Chroma and Cloud II aren't exactly cheap and that money could be better invested in your PC.

I personally think the latest-gen consoles are disappointing; there simply aren't any original and decent games for them. Everything seems to be a remake, remaster or continuation down the same path, and the constant push for shinier graphics is increasingly detrimental to gameplay.

The Order 1886 is a good example; very pretty to look at, but it's just another third-person cover-based shooter. Gran Turismo and Uncharted have been given fresh coats of paint but the gameplay is the same as it's always been.

Just my two pence.

Xzrrel

Reputable
May 13, 2015

hmm maybe i should just upgrade to a cpu cooler and a sick case thanks all!

staste4290

Reputable
Nov 17, 2015
While everyone is arguing between PC and console (PC is better) I'm going to give an answer. In my opinion, no, don't get a PS4. A "Gaming PC" does more than just gaming because at the end of the day it is still a sick PC for everything. Another reason is they last longer and you don't have to buy a whole new console every few years to keep up with everyone. With a PC it gives you way more option to form your upgrades slowly and when you want to if any at all. I have a PC right now that costed me $600 three years ago and I have had no needs for upgrades. (I have upgraded but I've had no reason to other than "Lets see how many mods I can put onto GTA 5 and run it on high graphics") There is almost no debate when it comes to console over PC. If are a gamer you have a gaming PC end of story. (PS you can use a ps4 controller on PC for any game you can buy on console, like I do) But.....I did say "almost no debate" because when it comes to sports games and COD and just casual games like that I would say they are better on console just because of the community on console when it comes to those games. Let me explain, I do have a PS4 personally but just to play Fifa. (I know its dumb but I do really like the game) And online fifa for PC is pretty much non-exist because no one on PC plays any sport games. So I'm going to put it like this to conclude this message that was way to long; If you just want to play a few games maybe a PS4 wouldnt be horrible. But if you're looking to play a wide variety of games that most of them are better on PC, then just upgrade your PC. (And you did come to this website which is riddled with PC gamers so this is about as fair as anyone on this site can be towards consoles.) I hope this helped you in making your decision! :D

Xzrrel

Reputable
May 13, 2015

well the other components are shit case and psu and cooler :D and hard drive

OK, in that case, if you don't get a PS4, then I'd look to replace the PSU first and foremost. It's the lifeblood of any PC and you really, really don't want a crap one, especially with a high-end CPU, GPU and motherboard.

Seasonic are arguably the best in the business, followed by XFX (which are rebadged Seasonics). There's a PSU tier list which you can check here; http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html.

Solution