Matt255

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2014
Found an XPS 15 refurbished in dell outlet for 960 with and i7 and 1050ti and I am considering purchasing it. However I am concerned about some issues I have heard about quality control and temps.

I would mainly use it for school, light gaming such as apex, borderlands and indie games for a max of 3 hours at a time. I also do video editing but they are 1080p files and Max 30 mins.

Would you still recommend the xps 15 and if not what are other similarly price suggestions?

Solution
Dell XPS 15 is a great all rounder laptop but it's not that good for gaming.

If looking for something light weight, MS Surface Book 2 would be your best best. It has a 6 GB GTX 1060 model but it's really expensive and lacks Thunderbolt-3.

Otherwise, you can consider the latest Dell Inspiron 7591 with 3 GB 1050 or 4 GB 1650. It's more powerful than the Dell XPS 15 9570 yet cheaper and has Thunderbolt-3 too.

If you are expecting anything more than a 1650 in a light weight design, you're out of luck.

May be, check out the MSI Thin and Light Gaming laptops.

Sagar_20

Distinguished
If it's coming from a reputable seller, there should be no problem.

Though do keep in mind it doesn't come with a numpad even though it's a full sized laptop, but that's just preference.

For that price, it sounds like a good deal.

Angeesivan

Prominent
Jun 13, 2019
If it's coming from a reputable seller, there should be no problem.

Though do keep in mind it doesn't come with a numpad even though it's a full sized laptop, but that's just preference.

For that price, it sounds like a good deal.
sagar bro please help. wana buy light weight laptop minimum i7 8750h gtx 1060 or above preferred light weight and non gaming looks like xps15 but good cooling and over all good quality. please help

Sagar_20

Distinguished
Dell XPS 15 is a great all rounder laptop but it's not that good for gaming.

If looking for something light weight, MS Surface Book 2 would be your best best. It has a 6 GB GTX 1060 model but it's really expensive and lacks Thunderbolt-3.

Otherwise, you can consider the latest Dell Inspiron 7591 with 3 GB 1050 or 4 GB 1650. It's more powerful than the Dell XPS 15 9570 yet cheaper and has Thunderbolt-3 too.

If you are expecting anything more than a 1650 in a light weight design, you're out of luck.

May be, check out the MSI Thin and Light Gaming laptops.

Last edited:
Solution

TRENDING THREADS