should i get a regular monitor or a freesync,gsync monitor

bigjohnny

Reputable
May 20, 2016
Im currently building for gaming and im going to get a RX 480 8gb soon.I dont know whether i will get an amd or nvidia card in the future

Solution
With freesync you gotta keep in mind that it's kind of a messy standard.

Make sure to buy one with a decent freesync range. There are those "144Hz freesync" monitors that only.support freesync from 62-78Hz
If you're getting an RX 480 don't bother getting a G-sync monitor. It doesn't work with AMD cards and typically costs an extra $100-200 over the same monitor without G-sync. That's a lot to pay for a feature you won't be using. Freesync monitors can be found in all price ranges and works with AMD cards. There are technical differences and places where G-sync has advantages of course. But given your GPU and the relative prices I can go ahead and recommend Freesync. Even if you decide it's overrated, it really won't change your monitor budget significantly.

manddy123

Admirable
Get a FreeSync one now, they're not much more expensive than a regular one and you will benefit fully from it with the RX 480.

If you ever wish to change your card in the future to a NVIDIA VGA the FreeSync will go to waste tho, but i believe that until there you will have already experienced everything it could have delivered.

Btw, G-Sync monitor don't work with AMD Video Cards, so for now that option is irrelevant and they are dead expensive too, i'd recommend you grab only you wish to upgrade to 1440p 144Hz gameplay.

bigjohnny

Reputable
May 20, 2016

are they good for eyes i mean not too bright because my old pc i had a viewsonic with cintrast 24 and brightness 47

bigjohnny

Reputable
May 20, 2016

the aoc have many bad reviews drivers,color etc. but the acer have good reviews than the aoc