[SOLVED] should I get a ROG strix b450?

Jul 14, 2019
I am looking to build a new PC with the new AMD R5 3600 as my cpu, and I am not sure which motherboard to get.
I heard the asus ROG strix b450-F can support the 3600, but I don't know if it needs a bios update to do so.

If it does, can I update the bios without a cpu installed, as I don't have an older cpu to use for updating the bios. I guess my question is does it support bios flashback?

if not does anyone have any suggestions on an alternative board around the same price point that does?
any help would be appreciated.

Solution
Edit! I just checked with an Asus Strix B450-F owner. The B450-F doesnt support Bios flashback or any equivalent.

The B450 Tomahawk is your best bet.
Jul 14, 2019
All B450 boards need a more recent bios revision to support the 3600.
great, thanks. :)
So, if I get a new b450 board, it will need a BIOS update. I can't find any info about if it supports bios flashback. any idea if that particular board supports it? or perhaps any suggestions for an alternative board that does support bios flashback at the same price point?

Jul 14, 2019
Im not sure if that board does support that. Usually, if the board does, its a bragging feature and easy to find.

To be on the safe side I'd go for this board which does for sure have that feature:
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Hy97YJ/msi-b450-tomahawk-atx-am4-motherboard-b450-tomahawk
Edit! I just checked with an Asus Strix B450-F owner. The B450-F doesnt support Bios flashback or any equivalent.

The B450 Tomahawk is your best bet.
excellent. thank you so much!
the Tomahawk it is then. looks like it has built in Ethernet as well, which is nice.

Reactions: NightHawkRMX

TRENDING THREADS