[SOLVED] Should I Get a RTX 2080 Ti or Wait for the RTX 2080 TI SUPER (Or Whatever NVIDIA Releases Next)?

Allanag

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2002
Hi,

I am currently deciding whether it's best to get a RTX 2080 TI now, or wait until NVIDIA releases their newest GPUs . (Whether it's the rumored RTX 2080 TI Super or something similar.) I have read it may be within a month or 2.

This computer will be used for high-end gaming and I am wondering if the performance difference will likely be significant enough to make it worth waiting for.

Thank you in advance for any insight and opinions.

Allan

Allanag

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2002
Hi OfficialAlexM,

Thanks for the advice. That was my thinking as well, so I guess I'll have to be patient. I'm really excited, because I am also planning on getting an Oculus Quest along with it as well as a new gaming mouse and new mechanical keyboard.

D

Deleted member 2720853

Hi OfficialAlexM,

Thanks for the advice. That was my thinking as well, so I guess I'll have to be patient. I'm really excited, because I am also planning on getting an Oculus Quest along with it as well as a new gaming mouse and new mechanical keyboard.

I understand the excitement but it's better to wait for new hardware which is cheaper and better than current gen hardware, than to have buyers' remorse later.