[SOLVED] Should I get a SSD and a HDD, or just a 2.5" SSD, or a 1TB NVME M.2 SSD?

Solution
The strategy I use is.....I run an SSD with the OS and my apps and games....and I size it so that these fill roughly 50% so I have headroom.

I don't run an NVMe SSD as I don't see there is a cost benefit for me yet.

Then I use a large HDD(s) for clones and backups and data files like pictures, music and movies.
The strategy I use is.....I run an SSD with the OS and my apps and games....and I size it so that these fill roughly 50% so I have headroom.

I don't run an NVMe SSD as I don't see there is a cost benefit for me yet.

Then I use a large HDD(s) for clones and backups and data files like pictures, music and movies.

Solution
NVME drives are great, but, one generally does not want to spend an overly large segment of cash for this upgrade over a normal SSD...

If I could choose my own drives, however, the Intel 1 TB 660P NVME M.2 is only $109, making it the obvious choice over most SATAIII spec SSDs...large capacity, and fast...(WIN-WIN!)

If a manufacturer is forcing you to choose between 500 GB SSD (standard) or 500 GB NVME (add$200), the jump to NVME becomes less compelling...

TRENDING THREADS