Should I get another gtx 770

Gabriel L

Reputable
Aug 4, 2014
I already have one gtx 770, and after seeing how much prices have gone down since I got my first one I was wondering if it is worth getting another to get better performance. The single 770 is awesome but doesn't quite max out games at 1080p, which is okay but I would like better. Although I'm not sure if that is because of my amd FX 8350 processor. Any advice would be awesome. Also I currently have a 750 watt psu so I'm not sure if that is enough to sli.

Solution

Sounds good man! I recommend switching to the Intel side of things. AMD isn't really a good option unless only $500 or less can be spent on a new build haha.

Another 770 will nearly double your performance in games, It's a pretty great option.
Although, you need a high wattage and good quality power supply to be able to deliver stable power to both cards at once.
:)

Gabriel L

Reputable
Aug 4, 2014
Well I can't say that I'm too sad about it. I've been thinking about upgrading my CPU anyway, so I'll keep that in mind while buying a new mobo. But would getting a second card be best, and how much more performance would it bring me?

Alex Kelly

Honorable

Sounds good man! I recommend switching to the Intel side of things. AMD isn't really a good option unless only $500 or less can be spent on a new build haha.

Another 770 will nearly double your performance in games, It's a pretty great option.
Although, you need a high wattage and good quality power supply to be able to deliver stable power to both cards at once.
:)

Solution

Latest posts