[SOLVED] should i get asus rog model or non rog one.?

Healer21

Reputable
Jul 28, 2019
should i get asus rog model or non rog one.
theres a big money difference.will rg model be more cool and perform better?

Solution
Okay, that'a high price difference between those 2 Models. Get the ASUS DUAL Model. You can easily overclock/OC this card to match the specs of any factory overclocked GPU as well.

IMO, it won't be worth paying 170 USD more, just to get a slightly better GPU model.
Not really sure what product you are talking about, so it is hard to recommend what will perform better. But if it is for a GPU, then the chips inside are made by Nvidia and AMD. Asus just handles the cooling and factory overclock. You wont find more than a 5% performance difference, typically less than than that.

Healer21

Reputable
Jul 28, 2019
Not really sure what product you are talking about, so it is hard to recommend what will perform better. But if it is for a GPU, then the chips inside are made by Nvidia and AMD. Asus just handles the cooling and factory overclock. You wont find more than a 5% performance difference, typically less than than that.
asus rog rx 580 and asus rx 580 dual version.Price difference is about 170 USD

Healer21

Reputable
Jul 28, 2019
Okay, that'a high price difference between those 2 Models. Get the ASUS DUAL Model. You can easily overclock/OC this card to match the specs of any factory overclocked GPU as well.

IMO, it won't be worth paying 170 USD more, just to get a slightly better GPU model.
thank you. My budget is about 280 USD any gpu recommendation. 1080p gaming only.

Healer21

Reputable
Jul 28, 2019
How much does the DUAL GPU model from ASUS cost ? For 1080p, you can get either the GTX 1660 Ti, or an RX 580, if these options suit you. rest of your system specs ?

Which CPU do you have ?
i have an i3 4150 going to upgrade with in a year.so how much of a bottleneck will it be.
the dual version of 580 cost 240 USD.

Healer21

Reputable
Jul 28, 2019
Unfortunately, YES. That i3 CPU is going to bottleneck high-end cards, including the RX 580. Even though bottleneck is "subjective", and depends on a lot of factors, that I3 CPU isn't that much powerful enough, at least in my opinion.
can i use it for a while along with rx 580.i will upgrade both mobo and processor with in a year.will it be possible to get 60 fps at high settings

Yes, obviously you can use it for the time being. Once you upgrade your CPU/MOBO, you can enjoy games more easily. Getting 60 FPS on high/mid settings, all depends on the TYPE of game being played.

Some older games won't even tax the CPU or GPU. There are games that even run on an integrated graphics processor. Some of the newer AAA graphic demanding games might lag a bit though. But on 1080p, you should be fine overall. The performance will all depend on the game, and the in-game Video/Graphics settings applied.

For example, Assassin's Creed Odyssey might Lag on your system, whereas CSGO will run at an acceptable frame rate, despite it being a CPU-bound game.

Healer21

Reputable
Jul 28, 2019
Yes, obviously you can use it for the time being. Once you upgrade your CPU/MOBO, you can enjoy games more easily. Getting 60 FPS on high/mid settings, all depends on the TYPE of game being played.

Some older games won't even tax the CPU or GPU. There are games that even run on an integrated graphics processor. Some of the newer AAA graphic demanding games might lag a bit though. But on 1080p, you should be fine overall. The performance will all depend on the game, and the in-game Video/Graphics settings applied.

For example, Assassin's Creed Odyssey might Lag on your system, whereas CSGO will run at an acceptable frame rate, despite it being a CPU-bound game.
will i get good fps if i play apex legends at low settings

How much is the price now compared to the DUAL MODEL ? If you are getting it at a cheaper price, then please buy the card. ROG series are very good, though you won't notice any huge performance difference in Games.

But ROG STRIX has a much better cooling solution for the PCB, and is slightly factory overclocked as well. In the end, you need to decide. Even DUAL model is not that bad either, but if the price difference is not that high, then you can buy the ROG strix SKU.

I hope this helps ?