[SOLVED] Should i get different RAM for Ryzen 7 3700x

Dans_grin

Commendable
Nov 6, 2016
Hello,
I ordered new cl16 3600mhz 2x8gb kit and got cl19 4113 mhz 2x8GB kit. I ordered the kit for my ryzen 7 3700x build and this is the last thing i need... Should i ask for exchanging it or should i use the one they sent?

Hello,
I ordered new cl16 3600mhz 2x8gb kit and got cl19 4113 mhz 2x8GB kit. I ordered the kit for my ryzen 7 3700x build and this is the last thing i need... Should i ask for exchanging it or should i use the one they sent?
Which motherboard and is it fro 3rd fen Ryzen ? If yes chances are it would work at full speed. I would keep them, 3rd gen Ryzen is capable of that speed or more. Even if it doesn't work at 4133MHz it could always be used at lower speed but with lower latency and give great performance.

Reactions: Dans_grin

Dans_grin

Commendable
Nov 6, 2016
Which motherboard and is it fro 3rd fen Ryzen ? If yes chances are it would work at full speed. I would keep them, 3rd gen Ryzen is capable of that speed or more. Even if it doesn't work at 4133MHz it could always be used at lower speed but with lower latency and give great performance.

yes 3rd gen AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 8C/16T, 4.4 GHz, 36 MB, AM4, 65W, 7nm, BOX
and i got the X570 Aorus Elite Motherboard AM4 4DDR4 HDMI/USB 3.1

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Well I stand by my point, local law may stipulate you're breaking the law by knowlingly taking equipment that isn't what you paid for. Especially if that item costs more than what you paid.

I would say do the morally right thing. Speak to them and tell them you're fed up, if they request the items back, then you are usually not liable to pay for sending it back, you can usually hold them to collect it, but they might turn round and say as a compensation, keep them. In which case you've cleared yourself morally and legally.

Just my view.

I had the same with a Corsair Power Supply. they sent a higher spec model than I requested, and they actually did it twice, but i sent it back both times and they were incredibly thankful.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Whose local law ? Sending them those instead of slower model could have been deliberate because they didn't have what was ordered, for all we can know they (the store) could have payed it less and made better profit. In any case, it's store's responsibility.
I don't know what local law they are in, but largely in the UK you are expecting to send back however you are not liable to pay for any postage/packaging, you do not have to send it back yourself, but you have to allow the seller to be able to collect it off you if they sent it in error.

And totally agreed, thats why if it happens to myself, I message them first, and 9/10 they request it back and pay for postage. And if it was deliberate, they will say so, and then no harm done, you can keep them, happy days.

Agreed it is the stores responsibility, but doesn't make it legally correct to keep them if the store had sent them by error, but it's the stores legal responsibility to get them back here. Just saying it's something to be wary of.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
To elaborate on my point - UK stipulation:
Items that firms send to you, but you didn't actually order are called "unsolicited goods". You're well within your rights to keep them.

But this doesn't apply to items sent to you by mistake (as happened to Robert); if the order was sent to you twice; or if there's extra stuff on top of what you ordered

So if they were sent by mistake what do I do?
If items are sent to you by mistake, you will need to contact whoever sent them and ask them to collect the goods.

That shouldn't cost you anything or inconvenience you in any way. You should also give the company a reasonable deadline to collect the items.

Can I sell items delivered incorrectly to me?
Yes, but it's quite a process.

You must try to contact the company twice in writing, following a set procedure.

Even after you've sold the items, it'll be at least six years before you can spend the dosh. During that time the original owner can still claim the money back from you.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/30294748/can-you-keep-stuff-delivered-by-mistake#targetText=The answer is yes and,your rights to keep them.