[SOLVED] Should I get high end 2k or low end 4k ?

Bloushi

Prominent
Oct 15, 2019
Hello everyone !

I would to get some advice about what monitor should I get, I would like to get a 4k monitor but the good ones can get very expansive and I'm thinking of going to 2k ones.

and my question here is :in your opinion is getting a high end 2k better than a low end 4k ?

I will use the display for watching movies and gaming.

Note: I already have a 1080p monitory (benq xl2411p).

My budget is around 430$

I would just like to know your opinion because black Friday is coming and I don't know what to get.
I already posted this question somewhere else but i would like to get more opinions to help me decide
Thanks for the help!

My Setup:
CPU: i7-8700
Motherboard :z370 gaming plus
Ram:16 GB
Storage: 1TB HHD
PSU: CORSAIR RMx Series RM650x
Current GPU : Gigabyte RTX 2070 super gaming oc 3x 8g
Case: Phantom 410 white

Solution
i would get a high end 2k as I myself just swapped from a low end 4k to a 1440p screen.

It also depends on what size screen you were after.

WIn 10 desktop with a 4k screen will recommend a 150% scale which is basically 1440p anyway. So you would only see 4k in movies and games... and some applications are stupid and use native resolution meaning you may need to squint to read some programs. Lucky the number of those programs is low now. Logitech gaming software used to be impossible.

How fast were you going to make refresh rate as from what I understand the fastest a super will do is around 100 (I have a 2070 Super myself)

Colif

Win 11 Master
i would get a high end 2k as I myself just swapped from a low end 4k to a 1440p screen.

WIn 10 desktop with a 4k screen will recommend a 150% scale which is basically 1440p anyway. So you would only see 4k in movies and games... and some applications are stupid and use native resolution meaning you may need to squint to read some programs. Lucky the number of those programs is low now. Logitech gaming software used to be impossible.

How fast were you going to make refresh rate as from what I understand the fastest a super will do is around 100 (I have a 2070 Super myself)

Solution

Bloushi

Prominent
Oct 15, 2019

One of the 4k monitors I'm thinking of getting is the Philips 276E8VJSB which has 60hz

and the reason I'm leaning towards a 4k monitors is because of movies, I don't have a tv and don't have the space for it , and I really to experience 4k movies or gaming .
and the reason I'm hesitating is the response time(5ms) and the low refresh rate which will effect my gaming.
so worse gaming but better movies.

but if I go for a High end 2k I will get the High refresh rates and low response times but the worse resolution.
so worse movies but better gaming.

I think I just need to decide which is more important to me , gaming or watching content.
and that's why I'm unable to decide.

have you ever watched 2k movies ? if so how much different are they from 4k ?

Colif

Win 11 Master
I never watched any movies on it as I am not much of a movie watcher. Most of the time I stuck to watching things in 1080p

4k is better for larger monitor sizes or you may not notice much of a difference. I had a 28 inch 4k and it just made everything too small. I can't decide for you though, you might be fine.

It didn't help I got a 4k screen at the same time I started to need to use glasses to read things, so my ability to see small things diminished at the same time as everything got smaller. I don't expect you have the same problem :)

Bloushi

Prominent
Oct 15, 2019
I never watched any movies on it as I am not much of a movie watcher. Most of the time I stuck to watching things in 1080p

4k is better for larger monitor sizes or you may not notice much of a difference. I had a 28 inch 4k and it just made everything too small. I can't decide for you though, you might be fine.

It didn't help I got a 4k screen at the same time I started to need to use glasses to read things, so my ability to see small things diminished at the same time as everything got smaller. I don't expect you have the same problem :)
well , thank you a lot for helping me.
Have a nice day.