[SOLVED] Should i get I5 OR i7 Macbook Pro?

Nov 18, 2018
Hi.
New here so hope this is in the correct category and everything.

I am looking to buy a new MacBook Pro 13 Inch and where I live there is a very big difference in price between the 2018 i5 8th and the i7 8th generation.

My main uses of a laptop are heavy image (And multiple images) editing in Photoshop + Lightroom and also light video editing(Not some heavy 2-hour long 4k video). I also do a lot of multithreading between applications and internet (Work related) so i just like my computer to be very responsive and fast.

So my dilemma is will the MacBook Pro 2018 i5 8 gen with 16 RAM be enough and i should buy it where I live or should I not spare the money (And then wait till I go to the US or a family member will go and get it for me) and get the I7 ?

Thanks in advance!
Guy

Solution
Sounds like you're really hoping to get the i5. There are variations of CPUs throughout laptops. Even though they say i5, they could be 2 core or 4core i5. If the one in the MacBook is a 4core, you shouldn't have issues. If it's a 2core, you can buy it still, just understand that you will have performance issues from time to time. It just seems that you really don't have enough to buy the i7 version, so stick with what's in your reach, and understand what it is. I know Mac mac mac, but do explore Windows laptop options, you could get better hardware / matchup for a better price.

Sounds like you're really hoping to get the i5. There are variations of CPUs throughout laptops. Even though they say i5, they could be 2 core or 4core i5. If the one in the MacBook is a 4core, you shouldn't have issues. If it's a 2core, you can buy it still, just understand that you will have performance issues from time to time. It just seems that you really don't have enough to buy the i7 version, so stick with what's in your reach, and understand what it is. I know Mac mac mac, but do explore Windows laptop options, you could get better hardware / matchup for a better price.

Solution
Nov 18, 2018

Thanks for your comment!
Yes I am speaking about the quad core.
I can actually buy the i7 but just wondering if it’s really worth the price since as you said there is the Dell XPS which is cheaper and have the same specifications. But then after looking at the XPS I saw that the Inspiron 7000 is cheaper then the XPS and pretty much has the same performance specifications and so that made me think if the XPS is worth it. Another thing is I been using windows all my life and the mac looks really nice and responsive

Just confused with all those computers.
Currently have an Inspiron 5000 from 2015 which is i5 7th gen with 8 gb ram and very slow.