Question Should I Get More RAM, an SSD or another HDD?

Jul 19, 2019
Lately, I've been struggling to have enough space. I thought about getting Origin Access, but then I changed my mind just because I wouldn't possibly have enough space to install more than one modern game. However, having only 8 GB of RAM, I also know that "may" cause performance issues in some games, but I don't know just how severe these issues will be. So, what should I do? Get an SSD (250 GBs) and improve loading times and possibly reduce stutter , get and HDD (1 TB) and don't worry about having enough space within 10 years, or get another stick of RAM and try to uninstall anything I am unlikely to play soon? I have a slow internet connection, but I have an external HDD so I can copy games there instead of just uninstalling them.

No matter which option I choose, I'm sure I will be able to buy all 3 of my options within a year, but I can only afford to buy one of them right now.

Here are my current specs;
AMD Radeon RX570
AMD Ryzen 3 2200G
8 GB 3000MHz RAM
612 GB of HDD (41,4 GB total free space)

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2019
Uh. I thought I had removed that "Bad partitioning" part before posting. Sorry about that! I have 20.1 GBs of space in one partition and 25.1 GBs of space in the other partition now. Here's an up-to-date SS of disk management:

DM.png

Jul 19, 2019
Thanks! I guess I'll be getting an SSD soon. I have also just decided to uninstall every game that I don't play often (after making backups for them, which will probably take more than one night), yet I will only be able to free about 120 GBs of extra space, so I will probably need that extra space anyways.

I heard good things about Samsung SSDs in general, should I buy a Samsung 250GB 860 EVO MZ-76E250BW? I can get one for ₺288 (About $51USD), I don't think I can currently afford a 500GB SSD.

Also, just out of curiousity - This wouldn't be a motivation for me to buy an SSD, but would an SSD possibly reduce the stuttering in some games such as GTA V? I don't think I'll be playing GTA V for much longer, but I often had stutters (When driving around fast) and I've been wondering if my HDD could be the cause.

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
I would also check the price of a Crucial MX500 SSD in your area.
It is usually a bit less expensive than a Samsung 860 SSD but performs just as well and comes with the same 5 year warranty.
I personally have 1 Samsung 850 EVO and 4 Crucial MX500 SSDs and I am very happy with all of them.

Reactions: Adevy

TRENDING THREADS