[SOLVED] Should I get SLI for my dual evga gtx 1070 SC's?

May 26, 2020
I'm about to receive a nice freebie from a family member, two evga gtx 1070 SC's. I'm using a GIGABYTE GA-Z170X-Gaming GT motherboard with 3 PCIE slots arranged in descending order: x16 , x8 , x4. Will it be worth it getting an SLI bridge for this combo? Or will it default to x8 since they both aren't x16?

Solution
No. SLI is basically dead, very few games can actually use it very well, with most games getting little to no performance increase and some games running worse.

Its better to just buy a new single more powerful card. What I would do is sell the two 1070s and either buy a used 1080 or maybe even 1080ti or look at a new card like the RTX 2070 Super or 5700XT.
No. SLI is basically dead, very few games can actually use it very well, with most games getting little to no performance increase and some games running worse.

Its better to just buy a new single more powerful card. What I would do is sell the two 1070s and either buy a used 1080 or maybe even 1080ti or look at a new card like the RTX 2070 Super or 5700XT.

Reactions: King_V
Solution