Should I get the Alienware X51?

18tyweslow

Honorable
Nov 6, 2013
Hi everybody, for Christmas, I'm getting a desktop pc. My laptop just isn't cutting it. I've been looking at the Alienware X51, with the i3 (Which I will upgrade when my birthday comes.)
I saw you can also upgrade the graphics card.
Also, I don't want to build a PC at the moment, I will be doing that when I get a job in a few years.
I am just a moderate gamer, I play Skyrim on low, Team Fortress 2 with medium settings, Minecraft on High with 60 fps, I'm thinking about getting games like BF4, and things like that. I'm not looking for Ultra settings, just medium or so. Should I get the X51?
Thanks for your time.

XM Keeper

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
First off, Alienware is not a brand or thing as well respected as much as building your own gaming PC. In my own honesty, I don't like alienware and I think it is a bit overhyped. I think of the stereotype of Alienware users are 14 year old kids who like to talk trash console gamers and their terrible graphics. *End of Alienware rant.*

If your gonna play modern games, then I personally recommend that you get a a quad core instead of a dual core. With the next gen consoles out, your gonna need it. As for the graphics card, I recommend you get something equal to a gtx 660 or a bit better.

As for the alienware, I am not against it, but I would try looking for a basic asus/lenovo/etc desktop PC with a quad core CPU, upgrade the PSU, and get a good graphics card in there.

Just my opinion.

18tyweslow

Honorable
Nov 6, 2013

I'll keep you posted!